PDA

View Full Version : Design Flaw

The Minder
11-28-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm trying to use HM to make sense of my tourney play so I pull up a standard report viz Tourney > Reports > Winnings Summary. See image.

http://i53.tinypic.com/sy0aax.jpg

I have complained b4 about the 'cash game' philosophy within HM being applied to tournies and here is a prime example on how ridiculous this philosophy is. As users, we cannot change the column headers within HM so we're stuck with headers such as "Game Type Description" having absolutely nothing to do with game type, but instead being BB level. The programming logic behind this escapes me, but let's press on regardless.

The first line indicates that this is a tourney, the BB is 6000 (who cares?), it's NLHE and 6max. In the bottom panel you can see a selection of the hands that this top line refers to.

The only problem is that I have never played a 6max tourney and got to a 6000 blind level... not from want of trying. Every one of the lines in the lower panel refers to a FR tourney. So does the second line in the top panel, and the third etc. These blind levels refer to a FR final table with a couple of vacant seats.

I will refrain on commenting about the 'Winnings' Column... even blind Freddie can spot the probs there.

This is not a bug folks, it's a design flaw. When will it be corrected?

B-Money
11-29-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't have a time line on when this will be addressed.

If you let me know what you're trying to do I can probably point you in the right direction if it's possible. For the example you post here, you could filter for the BB level you want to look at and use the total columns on the bottom in this report.

GL,
-B

The Minder
11-29-2010, 07:44 PM
... If you let me know what you're trying to do I can probably point you in the right direction if it's possible...

I'm trying to use HM to analyse my play, my tourney play, but I can't do that if HM doesn't know the difference between FR and 6-max. Would the cash game players be happy if HM mixed in a random number of stud hands into holdem stats? I think not, and this 6-max/FR mix is exactly the same thing.

... you could filter for the BB level you want to look at and use the total columns on the bottom in this report....

Ferchristsake, stop thinking like a cash game player. What the dickens does BB level have to do with tourney analysis?