PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager Forum Compromised?

Friendly
11-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Didn't know quite where to post this so please move if necessary.

I know I have contacted RVG on a few times in the past via PM regarding potential security holes in the software (mainly ways to bypass the registration scheme) and never had a reply so I figured it might be best to post this on the forum and see if I have any more luck.

From multiple machines if I google Hold'em Manager Releases through Google and click on the 2nd link I get, if I haven't visited the forums in a while, redirected to an URL2SHORT.INFO address.

This would appear to be (through a little research such as here : Secutity: Redirction to file2store.info [Archive] - vBulletin Community Forum (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-345283.html) )

I can confirm (FWIW) that deleting cookies will cause the redirect to occur again.

Whilst a redirect, on and of its own, does not indicate that the entire site is compromised, and please excuse me if the title is a touch alarmist, when you are running a forum supporting people who gamble online, I would suggest you have a higher standard to hold yourself to. If you let this slip through, how are we supposed to trust the rest of the site?

So hopefully the title will draw some attention to the issue.

I would suggest that anyone who, through ignorance or otherwise, shares a password with this site and their poker site - changes it immediately.

Friendly.

netsrak
11-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Thanks, i'll forward this.

Silentnoise
02-08-2012, 01:12 PM
I have been getting redirected to url2short.info recently too, when clicking on links from google that claim to be from holdemamnager.com. Anything to be worried about?

Gacil
02-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the information. We'll get this checked out.