PDA

View Full Version : 5 card omaha & Courchevel!

hotcocacola
03-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Updates plz !

Patvs
03-22-2013, 01:09 AM
We have no plans for supporting 5 card omaha & Courchevel.

antchev
03-22-2013, 02:30 PM
This is disappointing. I strongly suggest you to reconsider. It's been out only for a day and instantly there are 50+ tables running around the clock. The popularity will only be growing especially during next week when it's Omaha Week at Stars.

At least gives us an update so we can import hands and see winnings. This shouldn't be too hard.

I'm a long time loyal HEM user and I've bought some of your other programs too. But if PT is going to offer support for 5-card PLO and you don't I'll happily make the transition.

fozzy71
03-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Did PT say they were in fact going to support 5cPLO? I haven't seen them promise to support it yet.

What is Courchevel?

If you want to send us some hands we can write up a feature request for the developers to look at to see if we can add support to HM2 at some point in the future but I can promise you if we do add support to HM2 it won't get added to HM1 (just like if PT is going to add support they will only add it to PT4 and not PT3).

Please zip and email a sample of the hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

antchev
03-22-2013, 07:47 PM
PT guys said they will support 5 Card Omaha if it gains popularity and it looks like it will.

Courchavel is the same as 5 Card Omaha, the only difference is that the first card of the flop is revealed preflop, after the whole cards are dealt and before any betting takes place. You can learn more about it here: Play Courchevel at PokerStars - Learn New Poker Games - Omaha Poker (http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/games/omaha/courchevel/)

Courchavel support is not that important because I doubt it will gain much popularity, but 5 Card Omaha is. If you add support for it to HM2 I'll be happy to upgrade my HM1.

I sent you an email with some 5 Card Omaha hand histories.

itdoesntwork
03-22-2013, 07:55 PM
What is Courchevel?

Seriously? The new games were announced months ago.

If you want to send us some hands we can write up a feature request for the developers to look at to see if we can add support to HM2 at some point in the future but I can promise you if we do add support to HM2 it won't get added to HM1

What a disgusting attitude to your customers. Not only do we have to pay for the privilege, we have to do half your developers' job for them. Your company will not get another cent from me, I am switching to PT4 as soon as their support is complete.

fozzy71
03-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Seriously? The new games were announced months ago.

Yes, seriously. I am in the USA and can't play on Stars and don't recall hearing anything about this. I just did a google search for it and see that it is another 5 card omaha game.

The problem with these 5 card omaha games is it requires a huge amount of work to the code to allow for 5 hole cards in the software. We had a feature request for 5 card omaha support in the past for a different network and we decided not to pursue it since that network wasn't very popular. Now that pokerstars has these games we can reconsider adding support for these games to HM2 but we will still need customers to send us hands for testing just like we would when we add support for any new network/game. If you can't help us by zipping a few files for games you played yesterday and emailing them to us it makes it harder for us to provide the support you want from us.

What a disgusting attitude to your customers. Not only do we have to pay for the privilege, we have to do half your developers' job for them. Your company will not get another cent from me, I am switching to PT4 as soon as their support is complete.

HM1 only receives critical fixes to existing features going forward. It does not receive any new features or new game/network support. It has been this way since HM2 was released. This is the same policy that PT has regarding adding new features, or new game support, to PT3 now that PT4 has been released. I follow their thread on 2+2 very closely and I have not seen anyone ask them to support these games. I do not frequent their support forums so if it was mentioned on their forums that they will be supporting these games I am obviously not aware.

Patvs
03-22-2013, 10:08 PM
For HM2, 5 Card Omaha support has been requested in the past. It's unlikely this will be supported, but we'll re-assess this if it actually gets popular. I have written up a feature request ticket to at least track the WINNINGS of these 5C PLO hands on PokerStars, HM-6681.

ImanageMYholdem
04-01-2013, 12:20 AM
we really need an update for the 5card omaha games. honestly.. :(

fozzy71
04-01-2013, 02:13 PM
we really need an update for the 5card omaha games. honestly.. :(

We have not decided if/when we will support it. The 5th hole card requires major development time as the database/program was not designed for 5 hole cards.

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you if/when we have implemented it.

tufnel
04-02-2013, 11:13 PM
For HM2, 5 Card Omaha support has been requested in the past. It's unlikely this will be supported, but we'll re-assess this if it actually gets popular. I have written up a feature request ticket to at least track the WINNINGS of these 5C PLO hands on PokerStars, HM-6681.

Please at least sort this...winnings reports alone would be a great help...so i can at least figure out how much im donkin off in these games. Thanks

fozzy71
04-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Please at least sort this...winnings reports alone would be a great help...so i can at least figure out how much im donkin off in these games. Thanks

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

If anyone else wants to be notified when it is fixed please send an email to support@holdemmanager.com and include "Notify Me When HM-6681 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.