PDA

View Full Version : my db is huge...

demonseed
11-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi!

So my db is huge because I have loaded millions of millions observed hands in there. So I purged almost all observed hands (about 18 million). I did a vaccuum analyze and then a reindex.

The problem is my db is still huge (60gb!). I really deleted every hand except the ones I played (around 600K). The vaccuum analyze ran for about 2 days ;)

So now I wonder what I can do except start a new db. The main problem I have is that when I try to do hh review it won't load the hands up anymore (it looks like it takes forever but then it won't show them ever and just stop working). So I can still see how many hands I played, all my stats, etc. but I can' access the hands easily (it will still show then if I only pick like 1 specific day and it's like 1K hands or so).

Does doing another vaccuum analyze help? Is there any other way to decrease the size and make HEM faster (I read the top 10 performancet tips).

EDIT:
One more thing. When I choose like last 20 days or so the in the reports tab the part where the hands should be it's just white and it does not even try to load any hands. However when I start HEM new and say like 1 day then it will load the hands after a while. Very weird.

Patvs
11-24-2010, 12:55 AM
18 million hands--> 60 GB database looks normal.
Not much you can do about that.

You want it to be smaller, because you're running out of disk space??

If so, you could try to rightclick on the PostgreSQL folder--> and compress the folder ("compress contents to save disk space") that will make it a LOT smaller.

demonseed
11-24-2010, 03:44 AM
My main problem is that when I try to look at hands that they won't even load anymore.

I purged all hands + vaccuum + reindex. Now the size is smaller but I still have the same hand load problem. The part of the window where each hand should be listed and I should be able to double click on it to get to the replayer simply stays completely white and no hand histories are shown (stats work normal).

netsrak
11-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Please remove the 3 winner cards from the hands view (under options -> settings -> hands view columns)

demonseed
11-24-2010, 09:05 AM
I only had winner cards in there from the 3 winner columns which I removed now as well, thanks for the tip. Anything else I can do that will make it faster/able to load 20K hands or so?

netsrak
11-25-2010, 04:34 AM
I think you already did the standard things like vacuum/reindex.
Another thing you can try is a database tuning: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Postgres Optimization (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/437/Postgres+Optimization)