PDA

View Full Version : auto import very slow,

Raskolnikov
11-23-2010, 05:11 AM
Playing tournies and cash, HUD doesn't launch right away. Sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes to launch HUD, but then it freezes on 10 hands then stops updating. Table manager is running. Must be the import.

Import progress bar stays frozen in one spot. If I try to stop the auto import it can take a very long time for that to happen. Restarting HM doesn't help.

The hand histories are being sent from PokerStars and are in the folder right after a hand completes, so HM is somehow having a problem getting them.

I'm running Small Stakes version 1.11.05c.

PokerStars recent update allows you to receive tournament summaries automatically to a folder. I selected the same as the hand histories folder and things were working fine for about a week.

Since the problems I've removed all tournament histories from the hand histories folder and created a new folder on a different drive for them. Also changed on Stars so the tournament summaries are now sent to the new folder. The tournament summaries folder is not part of the auto import folder in HM. Not sure if that was causing the problems anyway as this didn't lead to a fix.

Any help appreciated. Thank you!

netsrak
11-23-2010, 06:32 AM
Sounds like you have configured additional auto-import folders which are not empty except current hands or your archive folder is configured in the same folder structure as the auto-import folders?

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extenstions turned off.

Raskolnikov
11-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Sounds like you have configured additional auto-import folders which are not empty except current hands or your archive folder is configured in the same folder structure as the auto-import folders?

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extenstions turned off.

Yes, it looks like the archive folder is configured in the same folder structure as the auto-import folders. Should that be moved somewhere else? Does that come from Stars?

netsrak
11-23-2010, 09:53 AM
No, thats a configuration you made manually :)

This is the problem: D:\Users\Josh\HandHistories,True,True,D:\Users\Jos h\HandHistories\ifrsoup\HandArchive

The archive must be in a different folder. Our default is c:\hmarchive.
If you prefer to have it in your users folder please use something like D:\users\josh\hmarchive but not a subfolder of the handhistories.

Raskolnikov
11-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Perfect, thank you!

One more question: I've created the new folder in D:\Users\Josh\hmarchive\HandArchive and cut and pasted the archive to the new folder.

How will the archive be updated in the future? Does the archive get updated by HM or Stars? How do I let Stars or HM know, whatever the case may be, where the new folder is?

Raskolnikov
11-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Bump.

Just one more question on how the archives is updated in the new folder. See message above.

Thanks!

netsrak
11-24-2010, 09:01 AM
You need to configure the new archive folder in the auto-import settings for every entry.

Raskolnikov
11-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Okay it looks like I made a mistake when I set this up initially. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here. On the "Add auto-import folder" window I'm supposed to select a folder name and an Archive folder. So which one is the folder I created yesterday and where do I find the other folder?

If there's a tutorial I'm missing you could just send me the link.

Thanks for your patience. Don't want to screw this up again.

netsrak
11-25-2010, 05:13 AM
Select an entry to edit in the auto-import settings. In the upcoming window click on the "Select" button for the archive folder and choose your new folder in the dialogue box.

You have to repeat this for every entry in the auto-import settings.