PDA

View Full Version : HUD in Replayer suddenly extremely slow (replayer only)

rowhousepd
03-19-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure why, but today my customized HUD in the Replayer (only the replayer from what I can tell,) just got extremely, dysfunctionally slow. I've had lagging problems before on an older computer and with other builds of HM2, and I pretty familiar with all of the standard recommendations:

I've gone through the http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html, I've completed the lagging checklist (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1501/What+can+be+done+if+HUD+is+lagging%3F), I've added all of the HM2 apps to my Norton 360 exceptions list, installed all Microsoft updates, etc, etc, etc. I also just exported the custom HUD, deleted the prefs.xml file from the Config folder (as recommended in other threads), and re-imported it. Still the replayer HUD is as slow as molasses, taking about 20-30 secs to bring up and advance to a new hand in the queue.

This is the first time I've run into this problem since I got a new computer, so I'm wondering if something specific got corrupted recently -- rather than this being a generic performance problem w/ HM2 that others often complain about. I'm running Win 8 (64-bit) w/ an ADM A10-5700 processor, 8GB, 3.4 GHz. It's a pretty solid machine w/ very little on it, and although it's not a SSD, the drive is relatively empty & defragged, and the system is optimized. My DB only has 200k hands. Basically I'm saying I know what to often causes problems, and I truly don't think my machine is the issue.

What's suspicious is the fact that this just happened today after everything was running relatively smoothly. The only thing that changed between now and a couple of days ago is that I added several more NoteCaddy defs, and tweaked my HUD a bit. Currently I have about 60 NC note defs, 25 color defs, and about my HUD is set to display about 10 badges at a time. I don't think this resource-heavy set up so I can't imagine that adding a few more defs as I did recently would push it over the edge. The other odd thing is that if I run the replayer with the Default 2.0 HUD, it's perfectly smooth. Go figure.

I'd really like to not have to nuke all of my settings & preferences and re-install HM2, and I definitely do NOT want to recreate my custom HUD as it has taken me hours to make. What else can I do to fix this short of starting all over again -- which will certain make me lose my mind. :(

Thanks.

Patvs
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Can you export your HUD-->

delete a couple of the recently added NC note def--> then check if the performance is normal again.

Likely there is a conflict with just one of the NC definitions.

rowhousepd
03-20-2013, 12:18 AM
I tried a few things:

1) I made a new duplicate copy of the HUD and removed the all Ordered Badges slots entirely. Problem fixed.

2) I made a new duplicate, kept slots for badges that were created using on note definitions (as opposed to color defs). Problem also fixed.

3) I made a duplicate, kept the Ordered Badges slots on, and kept all color defs active. Problem NOT solved. So the culprits are the badges created by the color definitions. I still don't know why though. Any ideas? :confused: The way I have NC set up, color defs badges are determined just by HM2 stats so they're all pretty straightforward. (Perhaps this isn't good protocol though?)

DogNamedBluff
03-20-2013, 04:41 PM
This is a known issue being looked into. Please try moving the "replayer speed" slider to the right and then to the far left (need both moves). This will set set the value to an integer. If you only move to the left -> the integer is not guaranteed.

rowhousepd
03-20-2013, 07:54 PM
OK, done. But it doesn't change anything. I almost always advance the action in each hand manually, but the delay happens while trying to load the hand itself -- whether it's the only hand in the queue or I'm advancing between one of several hands.

FYI, I'm going to manually remove one NC Color def one badge at a time since it seems like I've narrowed it down to that causing the problem. I'll report back later today.

chaosmate
05-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Hello,

I have the same problem:( With badges the replayer is as slow that it is unuseable.
Has this problem been solved?

Thanks

fozzy71
05-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Hello,

I have the same problem:( With badges the replayer is as slow that it is unuseable.
Has this problem been solved?

Thanks

The problems that rowhousepd were related to one specific custom notecaddy definition/badge. Please try to narrow down the cause of the problem by making any custom definitions inactive one by one and recreating your NC notes.