PDA

View Full Version : Backup Error

Puyan
11-22-2010, 05:18 AM
Hi guys,

After grinding a ton of STTs I decided to do a backup so that I could purge my [huge] database since i'm getting close to running out of space.

I tried to backup on my external hard drive, and got this error;

[22/11/2010 09:09] HoldEmManager: error: pg_dump: SQL command failed
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: invalid page header in block 118672 of relation base/16762/16797
pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.compiledplayerresults_month (compiledplayerresults_id, totalhands, totalamountwon, totalrake, totalbbswon, vpiphands, pfrhands, couldcoldcall, didcoldcall, couldthreebet, didthreebet, couldsqueeze, didsqueeze, facingtwopreflopraisers, calledtwopreflopraisers, raisedtwopreflopraisers, smallblindstealattempted, smallblindstealdefended, smallblindstealreraised, bigblindstealattempted, bigblindstealdefended, bigblindstealreraised, sawnonsmallshowdown, wonnonsmallshowdown, sawlargeshowdown, wonlargeshowdown, sawnonsmallshowdownlimpedflop, wonnonsmallshowdownlimpedflop, sawlargeshowdownlimpedflop, wonlargeshowdownlimpedflop, wonhand, wonhandwhensawflop, wonhandwhensawturn, wonhandwhensawriver, facedthreebetpreflop, foldedtothreebetpreflop, calledthreebetpreflop, raisedthreebetpreflop, facedfourbetpreflop, foldedtofourbetpreflop, calledfourbetpreflop, raisedfourbetpreflop, bigbetpreflopsawshowdown, bigbetflopsawshowdown, bigbetturnsawshowdown, bigbetriversawshowdown, bigcallpreflopsawshowdown, bigcallflopsawshowdown, bigcallturnsawshowdown, bigcallriversawshowdown, bigbetpreflopwonshowdown, bigbetflopwonshowdown, bigbetturnwonshowdown, bigbetriverwonshowdown, bigcallpreflopwonshowdown, bigcallflopwonshowdown, bigcallturnwonshowdown, bigcallriverwonshowdown, turnfoldippassonflopcb, turncallippassonflopcb, turnraiseippassonflopcb, riverfoldippassonturncb, rivercallippassonturncb, riverraiseippassonturncb, sawflop, sawshowdown, wonshowdown, totalbets, totalcalls, flopcontinuationbetpossible, flopcontinuationbetmade, turncontinuationbetpossible, turncontinuationbetmade, rivercontinuationbetpossible, rivercontinuationbetmade, facingflopcontinuationbet, foldedtoflopcontinuationbet, calledflopcontinuationbet, raisedflopcontinuationbet, facingturncontinuationbet, foldedtoturncontinuationbet, calledturncontinuationbet, raisedturncontinuationbet, facingrivercontinuationbet, foldedtorivercontinuationbet, calledrivercontinuationbet, raisedrivercontinuationbet, totalpostflopstreetsseen, totalaggressivepostflopstreetsseen, vs_ep_raise_ip_fold, vs_ep_raise_ip_call, vs_ep_raise_ip_raise, vs_mp_raise_ip_fold, vs_mp_raise_ip_call, vs_mp_raise_ip_raise, vs_co_raise_ip_fold, vs_co_raise_ip_call, vs_co_raise_ip_raise, vs_sb_raise_ip_fold, vs_sb_raise_ip_call, vs_sb_raise_ip_raise, vs_ep_raise_oop_fold, vs_ep_raise_oop_call, vs_ep_raise_oop_raise, vs_mp_raise_oop_fold, vs_mp_raise_oop_call, vs_mp_raise_oop_raise, vs_co_raise_oop_fold, vs_co_raise_oop_call, vs_co_raise_oop_raise, vs_bt_raise_oop_fold, vs_bt_raise_oop_call, vs_bt_raise_oop_raise, ep_vs_raise_ip_fold, ep_vs_raise_ip_call, ep_vs_raise_ip_raise, ep_vs_raise_oop_fold, ep_vs_raise_oop_call, ep_vs_raise_oop_raise, mp_vs_raise_ip_fold, mp_vs_raise_ip_call, mp_vs_raise_ip_raise, mp_vs_raise_oop_fold, mp_vs_raise_oop_call, mp_vs_raise_oop_raise, co_vs_raise_ip_fold, co_vs_raise_ip_call, co_vs_raise_ip_raise, co_vs_raise_oop_fold, co_vs_raise_oop_call, co_vs_raise_oop_raise, bt_vs_raise_oop_fold, bt_vs_raise_oop_call, bt_vs_raise_oop_raise, sb_vs_raise_ip_fold, sb_vs_raise_ip_call, sb_vs_raise_ip_raise) TO stdout;

[22/11/2010 09:09] error: error backup up HoldEmManager

I'm using Windows XP on a white Macbook, and just updated HEM to version 1.11.05c.

Patvs
11-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Looks like already a corrupt database.

You can try to reindex the database in pgadminIII (read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Otherwise create a new database.. and only import the hands you want.

Puyan
11-25-2010, 10:39 AM
I indexed my database and instantly revived 6GB of space wow.

Anyways, I'm getting a new error now...

[25/11/2010 14:26] HoldEmManager: error: pg_dump: [archiver] could not write to output file: No space left on device

[25/11/2010 14:34] error: error backup up HoldEmManager

I'm backing up to an external HD which has 30GB free?

Puyan
11-25-2010, 12:19 PM
It seems that when backing up its making a massive file in my temp folder when archiving the database which is maxing out my C:/ drive.

I have 8GB space and its still not enough?! Is there a way of at least making the program use the external HD as the temp folder where I have tons of space?

Patvs
11-25-2010, 12:20 PM
How much do you have left on your main drive C:/?
The backup will create temporary backup files on your main drive.

So if you database is 20 GB, you basically need 20+ GB free on both your main drive AND the drive the backup is being saved on.