PDA

View Full Version : Notes disappearing

JPFisher55
11-21-2010, 04:49 PM
For quite some time, I've had a problem with notes that I write disappearing or not being saved when I hit the save button. But the problem was intermittent and I thought that it was due to some interference from NoteCaddy taking notes.

So, after it got to be a bit bothersome re-writing my notes, I decided today to turn NoteCaddy off when I play. However, from time to time, I have encountered the same problem. I write a note, assign a color or symbol to it and hit the save button. But a few hands later, I notice the color or symbol is gone and the note has disappeared. So I rewrite it. Usually the second time is permanent. I have had the note refuse to stay and just used PS' note system for that player, but that is extremely rare.

I play on PS at cash games, fast or regular, 40-100bb, FR or six max. I have no idea what is happening, but I now have to eliminate NoteCaddy from the possible causes because it occurs when I don't use NoteCaddy at about the same frequency.

This has been occurring for the last few versions back to at least 1.09, likely 1.08. But is only happens to maybe 20% of the notes that I write. I use PSQL 8.4.

Patvs
11-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

sreticentv
11-24-2010, 09:22 PM
For quite some time, I've had a problem with notes that I write disappearing or not being saved when I hit the save button. But the problem was intermittent and I thought that it was due to some interference from NoteCaddy taking notes.

So, after it got to be a bit bothersome re-writing my notes, I decided today to turn NoteCaddy off when I play. However, from time to time, I have encountered the same problem. I write a note, assign a color or symbol to it and hit the save button. But a few hands later, I notice the color or symbol is gone and the note has disappeared. So I rewrite it. Usually the second time is permanent. I have had the note refuse to stay and just used PS' note system for that player, but that is extremely rare.

I play on PS at cash games, fast or regular, 40-100bb, FR or six max. I have no idea what is happening, but I now have to eliminate NoteCaddy from the possible causes because it occurs when I don't use NoteCaddy at about the same frequency.

This has been occurring for the last few versions back to at least 1.09, likely 1.08. But is only happens to maybe 20% of the notes that I write. I use PSQL 8.4.

I spent ~20 hours trying to reproduce this and wasn't able to :(

In a way I am relieved that this may not have been caused by NoteCaddy and I hope this gets figured out