PDA

View Full Version : Postgres User Account ?!?

SGB5000
11-21-2010, 04:00 AM
I have just installed HEM in windows 7 and it has created a password protected windows 7 user account called postgres.

Now when I turn on my machine I have to choose between Steve (me obv) and postgres before I can log onto windows. Why is this? Is this normal? Is there a way I can make sure it assumes that Steve wants to log into windows as postrges is not a person and will never want to log on?!

Also, when installing I got an error that postgres could not be installed but it is on my machine and HEM seems to be working ok.

netsrak
11-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Postgres user: Remove User Accounts From the Logon Screen in Windows Vista - How-To Geek (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-user-accounts-from-the-logon-screen-in-windows-vista/)

Installation: what are you trying to install? If you have HM up and running you should only install updates and not the full HM version which includes Postgresql

SGB5000
11-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Postgres user: Remove User Accounts From the Logon Screen in Windows Vista - How-To Geek (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-user-accounts-from-the-logon-screen-in-windows-vista/)

Installation: what are you trying to install? If you have HM up and running you should only install updates and not the full HM version which includes Postgresql

I understand the difference between a new install and running an update.

This installation is on a brand new windows 7 laptop and HEM is the first thing I have tried to install on this machine.

Does installing postgres normally create a user account or has something gone wrong?

Ideally I would like to remove the postgres user account but is that going to stop HEM working correctly?

netsrak
11-21-2010, 12:16 PM
The postgresql installation needs a postgres user to work.

So don't delete this user, its just possible to hide him from the login screen. Should be explained in the link i posted above.

SGB5000
11-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Ok have hidden it as per the instructions in the link.

Thanks very much for you help and speedy responses, appreciate it :)