PDA

View Full Version : Full Tilt Rush Crashing

trwiii
11-20-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm not normally one to post in tech forums for aid until I've exhausted all the help already given in the forum, but my frustration over this issue has been mounting for days. The HUD for Rush crashing cost me $300 earlier tonight, and I've just about reached the limit of my patience.

The issue: While running the HUD for Rush (4tabling), once or twice an hour, my entire machine locks up, as in clicking on anything greys out its window (even the desktop). Everything will stay frozen solid for anywhere from 30 secs to 4 or 5 minutes. C-A-D is also unresponsive until everything thaws, and by then it isn't much use. I've left the task manager open while playing to see if any process goes nuts on resources causing the crash, but the crash freezes the output of the manager, so I don't get the numbers.

I've tried about a half dozen different releases and they all do this, and I've tried all the tricks I've found in the forum:

1. HMHud, holdemManager, and DBControlPanel are all running as admin and are excepted by the firewall
1a. I've tried it with the firewall on and off
1b. I've tried them in XP compatibility mode and and otherwise

2. I've shut down every process not critical to Windows or HEM. All that's running is:
csrss
dwm
explorer
taskeng
winlogon
and the HEM processes

3. I've tried all three screen scraping methods, there seemed to be some variability in how fast the crash happened, but that's likely due to the randomness of the crash.

4. I've turned Aero on and off

5. Turned OCR on and off.

6. I've disabled all antivirus/malware programs and system monitoring tools (and excepted the relevant exe's where appropriate even though they're turned off)

I'm running Vista Home 64bit with all OS updates and a ATI Radeon 3100 with updated drivers.

The HUD and HEM work like a dream on my ancient XP SP2 desktop, but I'm visiting family for the holidays, so the laptop is what I'm stuck with. I've got IronMan and Black Card to maintain, and I'd really, really like to use a HUD, but not if it's going to crash and make me time out on all tables at seemingly completely random times (Like I said... having the crash happen when a fish donk overshoves into me on the river when I have top quads and we're deep is a wall punchingly frustrating occurrence.)

Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

Edit: I've also:

7) Defragged and swept the registry and done just about ever system scan/sweep you could name. The machine work exceptionally well except for this issue.

I've also yet to see this happen on normal ring tables or tourneys, though admittedly my volume of those is far smaller than my volume on the rush tables.

netsrak
11-21-2010, 07:40 AM
Reboot your computer and update to 1.11.05c as first thing: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Make sure your FTP client is in english
Make sure that site options -> FTP -> Use OCR is disabled.
Make sure that site options -> FTP -> prefetch and live-tracking is disabled.

Please try with a new empty database.

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). it may be just called holdemmanager if you've extentions turned off.

trwiii
11-21-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm using the English client already. I only turned OCR to try to fix the crashing, then turned it back off when it didn't do anything noticeable. I've never had pre-fetch or live tracking turned on.

Here's the config file. Forgot to mention in the original, that I tried a blank db a couple of days ago, and the crash still happens, though I'll try again later today.

trwiii
11-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Still crashing on a fresh db.

Patvs
11-22-2010, 01:15 AM
C:\Program Files\pokerstars\HandHistory,True,True,C:\HMArchiv e
C:\Program Files\Absolute Poker\HandHistory,True,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory,True,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory,True,True,C:\HMArchiv e
C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory,True,True,C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HH

Can you click configure auto import folder and delete all the duplicate folders.

Also try to reinstall HoldemManager.. using the FULL 93 mb full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe

Install it to a DIFFERENT folder, instead of overwriting the current installation