PDA

View Full Version : Backup & Restore error

RonnyFN
11-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi,

Since a week my HEM starts showing wrong winnings in the session stats. HUD seems to be working fine. If I check the graph, my showdown winnings are a flat line since the errors started. Alot of hands I play seem to be missing from the hands list too in the session tab.

After reading some posts on the forum, I wanted to restore my database, since there might be something wrong with it. But when I want to do this I get an error message:

FATAL: XX001: invalid page header in block 0 of relation
base/11564/2616

I have no idea what to do now. While playing, the hands I play seem to be incorporated in the HUD stats, but my session winnings and graphs are showing I'm losing, while I'm winning and alot of hands are missing.

Could someone help me with this please?
Thanks in advance.

netsrak
11-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Your database is damaged.
You need to create a new one and reimport all your hands.
Or if you have a backup of your database: create a new empty database via pgadminIII and restore the backup into this database.

RonnyFN
11-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Since I only have the hands history file for the last month, will this mean I loose all data from older hands? I wanted to export the current hands in HEM to a hands history, but I seem to get the same error when I try to do this.

Will the hands that are in HEM now, still be in there when I create a new database?

Is there a way I can not loose my current data in hem when I create a new database?
And how do I create a new database? I never did this before.

Thanks in advance.

netsrak
11-21-2010, 12:28 PM
If you have no backup and no older hands the only way is to request them from the support of your pokersite. There is no way to restore them from a corrupt database it the export fails.
Thats why you should do regular backups and save the original handhistories which are usually saved in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive).

Please see our FAQ for creating a new database: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)

RonnyFN
11-21-2010, 12:54 PM
I tried to create a new database, but when I push the "Connect" button in the database control panel I also get the error message:

Connection error: FATAL: XX001: invalid page header in block 0 of relation
base/11564/2616

So I can't get to the screen where I can choose to create a new database.

Any ideas?

RonnyFN
11-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Another question: you recommend doing regular backups and save the original handhistories (which are usually saved in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive)).

Is this something I should do manually or can this be done automatically? I play mainly at Unibet, the hand history is saved for 30 days. So, should I manually copy that hand history file every 30 days to the c:\hmarchive folder? In that folder, there are some xml-files now. Are these the backups by any chance? The original hand history file from Unibet is a .dat file.

Patvs
11-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Can you reinstall SQL. Download and install the 8.4.5 installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
Afterwards, run dbcontrolpanel.exe manually (it's in the /HoldemManager folder) and create a new database.

All hands you play are automatically being moved to the archive folder after 15 minutes. So you don't have to manually move handhistories every x hands.
Just make sure you don't lose/delete your archive folder.