PDA

View Full Version : I got drunk and screwed up, please help!

jjdarling
11-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi guys, came home last night drunk and wanted to play some poker unfortunately my HM wouldn't open. I got error 127.01.00.1 or something saying that it couldn't initialize the database. I checked out the sticky here for that error but that wasn't my problem as the part morny says to write in was already there. Anyways, more drinks and frustration later I somehow created a new database and thus all my old data is gone. I am wondering if anyone could help me retrieve it, as i would assume it is still there (although i know very little about computers) because I don't think i deleted it. Anyways, ANY help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

JJ

netsrak
11-20-2010, 08:55 AM
You need to uninstall / reinstall postgresql while dry and follow this FAQ:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)

jjdarling
11-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Hi netsrak, thanks for your help so far!

I did all the steps up until where I uncheck 'initialize database cluster'. It then gives me a message that was not in your instructions.

What do I do here?

The specified data directory does not contain and existing database cluster. Installing without initializing a database cluster in this case will produce an installation that will not start. Are you sure you want to continue without running initdb?

Thanks again,

JJ

netsrak
11-21-2010, 07:24 AM
That means that your data folder contains no valid informations. If you don't find another data folder somewhere in your postgresql installation folders your old data are lost.

You should reimport all your hands into a new database. You should find them in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive).

jjdarling
11-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Ok, I created a new database the other day when I messed it up the first time. After the 127.0.0.1 error, and I tried to open it today having changed nothing, (it worked for a few days) and got the 127.0.0.1 error again. I think i found my old HH's as a file named processed in my documents. Anyways I noticed that you do remote support on this site and was wondering how that worked? I am completely lost regarding the inner workings of a computer and thus have so much trouble with issues like these.

Thanks,

JJ

netsrak
11-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.