PDA

View Full Version : Effective Stacks Query

N0-L1m1T
03-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Hi,
If a definition is created for positon y calliing position x's raise filtering by effective stack size how is effective stacks measured? I ask because if it doesn't account for position x's raise then effective stack size may not match the filtering criteria of the definition...

In short, does it include the size of position x's raise in the calculation?

Regards,
David

sreticentv
03-15-2013, 06:31 AM
It's the maximum the note recipient can lose when he performs his first action on that street.

In short, does it include the size of position x's raise in the calculation?

yes

N0-L1m1T
03-15-2013, 06:53 AM
That's interesting. That means the effective stacksize for an utg open is the minimum of the raiser's stack vs the largest stack still to act. I thought it was the other way round (smallest remaining to act). Thanks...

N0-L1m1T
04-16-2013, 07:29 AM
I'd like to clarify my point on this because I think there may be an enhancement opportunity here...

As I understand it the preflop effective stack size is calculated from the point where the first players acts and its value remains set for the remainder of the pre-flop round. If I'm creating an action for a player who is acting after an initial limp or raise, it isn't possible (atm) to check the effective stacks in terms of the action between those two. In order to track effective stacks for this kind of action I need to create two action sequences, one where the opener has a stack capped at x and the caller/raiser has a bigger stack and vice versa. Are these assumptions correct?

Assuming it is, are there plans to add an effective stack size parameter to action configs to handle this type of thing so that the stacks of other players at the table are excluded? Then, as other players come into the hand (if the action is multi-way) the effective stack size would get recalculated)...a kind of local effective stack size parameter you might say, as opposed to the pre-flop effective stack size, which is global.

Regards,
David

sreticentv
04-16-2013, 06:34 PM
I'd like to clarify my point on this because I think there may be an enhancement opportunity here...

As I understand it the preflop effective stack size is calculated from the point where the first players acts and its value remains set for the remainder of the pre-flop round.

that's not correct. It counts from when the note recipient (specified in your action sequence) performs his first voluntary action (not posting blinds)