PDA

View Full Version : party data mining

dway
11-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi,

When I am data mining party poker the files aren't always moved from the HH folder to the storage folder. I have to move them manually then.

Also, I play 6 tables and move tables alot during a session maybe 20 30 times, this means that the folder fills up with lots of HH files that aren't always moved straight away, and the more tables I change I eventually have to stop playing and move them as the processor becomes sluggish and I am timing out.

When exactly does HM move the files ? As so times they are moved if I leave it a while ?

thanks,

dway

morny
11-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Hundreds of hands shouldnt cause any problems with sluggishness, thousands even should be fine. The files are moved when they havent been used for an hour and you restart the auto import process

dway
11-05-2008, 06:59 PM
It is not the hands it is the number of files in the folder.

After a while the processor peaks and everything goes sluggish because I believe HM is scanning alot of files each time. So I have to sit out and manually move the files. Then it is fine again. I am talking about maybe 20 or 30 files after an hour.

Could you put in a button to move them or possibly tick a box to move files not associted with open tables.

morny
11-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Ill ask Roy about this, im very surprised that that amount of files cause a problem, people on some sites get a new file for every HH and it dosent cause a problem their with up to hundreds of files sometimes.

dway
11-05-2008, 08:08 PM
It could also be the new party software is more processor heavy leaving less room for HM. lots of flashing tables and notices etc.

Could free phg get in the way ? I'll disable that.

Rvg72
11-06-2008, 01:42 AM
It is most likely FreePHG is you have that setup as a auto import. Reason being it updates the files after every action - so, HM tries to reimport every file every 5-10 seconds because it sees that the file date and size has changed.

If your version of freephg has the option to only save the hand when the hand is over you should use that option

Roy