PDA

View Full Version : Import Problem

nbsoft
11-18-2010, 07:34 AM
I used HEM for few months now on Windows 7 and it worked fine. I used 1.11.05 version and last week it started to malfunction. The thing was when it imported hands it showed f.e:
Hands imported: 29
Import errors: 29
I tried everything, reinstalled HEM, updated to .05b, but nothing.
Then I read here advice to create a new database(for another kind of a problem tho`) and it started to work.
I wanted to ask why do you think this is and what was the problem?
Another question, is there fast way of importing hands from my old to my new database or can I somehow connect them or whatever, because I dont have stats from my old one?

Cheers,

Gianni

netsrak
11-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Which pokersite?
which gametype?

Databases can be damaged by program or computer crashes for example. Sometimes this can be repaired by a reindex of the database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
If that doesn't work you need to restore a backup and import all the latest hands. So its very important for to do regular database backups.

To reimport your old hands:
You should find them in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive). From there you can import them into your new database via import file or import from folder.

nbsoft
11-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Thx for the answer.
I`m playing mainly on Full Tilt and Pokerstars sngs and mtts. It didnt work for either site. I know how to reimport hands, just wanted to see if there is any other way, because I have a large database and it would take a lot of time to reimport from the old database.

Patvs
11-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Create a NEW empty database--> run a import from folder on your ARCHIVE folder