PDA

View Full Version : how do satelite tourneys effect your winnings in HEM?

rowhousepd
11-18-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm a bit confused about how satellite tourneys & freerolls are tallied in HEM. Let me give you a few examples....

1) You buy-in a $5 tourney which awards satellite seats into tourney X. Tourney X as a $100 buy-in. You don't win the initial tourney, so HEM records this as -$5 net profit. Correct?

2) You buy-in a $5 tourney, and you place high enough to win a $100 seat into tourney X; you don't receive any cash. You play tourney X but don't place ITM, or let's say you wind up never actually playing in tourney X. Either way, HEM records this as -$5 (for the initial buy-in) + $100 (for winning a satellite seat with that hypothetical buy-in amount), but then -$100 (for not cashing/not playing in tourney X), so in the end you have -$5 net. Is that it?

3) Same as above, except this time you are ITM for tourney X winning a total of $400.HEM records this as -$5 (initial buy-in) + $100 (refunded buy-in for tourney X) + $300 (prize after the buy-in) for a grand total of +$395 in net profit to your bottom line. Correct? Needless to say, if you had just played tourney X normally you'd only have +$300 of profit.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Patvs
11-18-2010, 03:24 AM
1) Correct, -$5 net profit

2) HM will show a $+95 net profit in the $5 buyin tourney.
Whether or not HM will show the -$100 when losing this tourney X, depends on how tourney X is recognized. If tourney X is a $100 buyin tourney, HM will show -$100. However if tourney X is categorized as a FREEROLL (with essentially a $100 VALUE, but still named a freeroll in the handhistory file, it's possible HoldemManager is UNABLE to detect what the buyin is for this tourney)

HM is also unable to detect if you DON'T PLAY a tourney. So if you just don't play TOURNEY X, HM has no way of knowing you lost the $100.

More common is that HoldemManager is able to detect the buyin, but unable to detect how much you won, since the handhistory ONLY reads: player A won entry into tourney X (without listing how much that entry is worth)

-3 Your PROFIT is +$95 +$300 = +$395. (you turn $5 into $400, so you profit is $395)
If you would have bought directly into Tourney X for $100, your profit is $300.

rowhousepd
12-01-2010, 07:47 PM
More common is that HoldemManager is able to detect the buyin, but unable to detect how much you won, since the handhistory ONLY reads: player A won entry into tourney X (without listing how much that entry is worth)

Is this true for all satellites at Full Tilt? HEM wont detect the value of the ticket so I'd have to go in and manually adjust it the after I complete a tourney? I'm planning on playing a bunch so this could be pain. Thanks.

Patvs
12-02-2010, 02:47 AM
For SOME satellites: yes (especially special satellites, for example to a onetime FTOPS tourney)

But.. for other more common satellites (including STEPS) or when you win a generic $24 / $75 / $216 TICKET HM should be able to detect how much you won