PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL doesn't start up anymore - after clicking the Tune-button

Mercadiator
11-17-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm using Holdem Manager for almost a year now, I've done vacuum database manually in the past by following the FAQ, no problems back then.

Today I decided to do a Vacuum again, and I found out that you can do that through Holdem Manager since now.
I've decided to Vacuum it, it started doing it and it was finished after a while.
Then I noticed the tab "Tune", I saw a button "Tune" and I thought: "well, can't be a bad idea, can it?" so I clicked Tune, it did some stuff and that was it. I read you then have to restart your computer, so I did that as well.

I restart computer, I start up Holdem Manager and get an error "The following error occurred when trying to open the database. Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'"
I tried to start it through "Services" in Windows, but this fails as well.
So now I'm having quite a problem.
My database contains over 250 000 hands so "uninstall, reinstall" is something I only want to do as a last resort.

What do I have to do to fix it? I assume that clicking the "tune"-button has destroyed something.
Please help :(

Mercadiator
11-17-2010, 08:48 PM
I have fixed it.

If anyone ever bumps into the same problem after Tuning, here is the solution:

The following configuration file of PostgreSQL got corrupted:
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\postgresql.conf
I have replaced the contents of this file with the contents from postgresql.conf.hembak ( a backup-file of your old configuration file, generated by Holdem Manager )

Now it works again with these older settings.

Fixed

hirnrotz
03-05-2012, 01:42 AM
srsly who the fuck implemented that button into the software. i fucked up my whole database and after 4hours i ended up deleting my whole database only being able to restore the hands of the last 5 months. of course i'm an idiot because i never made a backup which tilts me even more but that tune-button crashed postgressql and of course i found this thread after my database is gone since it is almost impossible to find the right answer to my problem via search function of HEM forum or via google. 4 hours of struggling with postgres which is not very freindly to pc noobs. at least hem is working again now.
THX HEM to make me lose about 3million hands and my lifetimegraph.... so fckin pissed - REMOVE THAT BUTTON MADE FROM THE DEVIL ASAP. sry for flaming but maybe u can understand how pissed i am from that. what a fckin mess. and no u don't have to reply just remove the button..........

netsrak
03-05-2012, 05:57 AM
Sorry to hear that, you should have posted earlier then we would be able to save your data.

reedhelvet
08-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Having the same problem. Where did you find the postgresql.conf.hembak file?

Patvs
08-24-2012, 05:04 PM
C:/Program Files(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.4/data