PDA

View Full Version : Limit holdem and PostgreSQL two usual problems and their solutions

Sukosen
03-13-2013, 07:54 AM
The Limit holdem not working (hand histories incomplete and hud working or not working) is a one year old problem and still with the official version; updating it unofficially and maybe SQL also, sooner or later has a possibility of getting limit holdem to work.

PostgreSQL has had the 1.something problem for 6-12 months now where HEM is unable to connect to database and one needs to reinstal it/all to get it to work again. One possibile reason is that if the connection at start up doesn't happen fast enough becaus of some site still keeping things stucky, the connection fails and will not ever connect anymore. One needs to keep re-installing stuffs any time that problem happens.

There is no help one can get to these problems here, so I am just giving the ways to deal with those problems here.

Patvs
03-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Do you have the same issue with the latest build: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_04Mar2013.exe
when you reimport the Limit hands into a new empty database?

Sukosen
03-14-2013, 12:04 PM
I don't know how many problems/bug there are that produce the problems where the hud with limit holdem or with up to all forms of poker will not work but at least you could fix the most obvious that's with the "mix FTP rush and non rush hands" option as when it's unselected one will not get any hand (limit holdem, maybe no others either) histories as complete (they will be corrupted whatever one gets if any and will corrupt the stats of that then also of course) and the hud will not work. One can see it with the replayer also (opening and closing the table after the change). Makes no difference where and what one is playing (or I play ipoker and revolution). I figure it's at least one year old bug.

The official version might be just as good as the latest one; the main problem is when anything gets corrupted or so one needs to do a reinstal, until one happens to know what's causing the problem in case one can fix it instead of doing a reinstal of more or less everything.

Patvs
03-15-2013, 09:35 PM
The Limit holdem not working (hand histories incomplete and hud working or not working)

Are there handhistories that import as errors for you, or hands that are imported but don't show up in HoldemManager?
Which PostgreSQL version are you using?
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

fluxus
03-27-2013, 11:00 AM
i have the same problem with the HUD showing no Stats while playing Limit Holdem at FTP. the HUD works though playing NL. The Limit Hands get correctly imported and show up in the Reports, but the HUD shows some weird amount of Hands for Hero and no Stats or Hands at all for Villains when playing LHE.

i am running XP (32-bit) and the last working version of HEM1 for me seems to be 1.12.10b.

i tried HmUpdate_Release_20Feb2013.exe and HmUpdate_Release_04Mar2013.exe today (even with a newly created Database) and both versions failed to show any Hands in the HUD.

i would greatly appreciate any help or a fix because the old HEM version causes screen flickering when FTP and a iPoker client with the new Lobby design are running simultaneously and it seems that all iPoker clients use the new design as of yesterday ;)

Patvs
03-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.13.01_27Mar2013.exe

Set the Full Tilt lobby language in English.
Run a manual Windows Update installing ALL .net framework updates.

fluxus
03-28-2013, 06:40 AM
Thank you for your help, it seems to work now after i followed your advices given in this thread (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/351191-limit-holdem-no-stats-hud.html). (sorry for not finding this thread earlier, the forum search results for Limit, Full Tilt + HUD were not really of help and i was too dumb to see the "similar threads" shown at the bottom)

may it be that there by default is no HUD assigned for playing LHE at FTP , respectively the default HU chosen by HEM for FTP is configured to only show NL hands? (via "Hud Options" - "Player Preferences" - "Use for").

what i did to make it work was creating a new HUD setting specified to use for FTP LHE tables. marking the checkboxes for LHE in the configuration of the default HUD also may work.

now i only have to find out what causes the screen to flicker when running HEM, FTP and a iPoker client with the new lobby design which also seems to occur with the 27Mar2013-hmupdate, any idea on that?

Patvs
03-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Flicker: Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Can you turn on the Windows AERO interface: How to Turn On and Enable Aero in Windows 7 (Enable Aero Peek) « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-turn-on-and-enable-aero-in-windows-7-enable-aero-peek/)