PDA

View Full Version : Helpppp! Postgre Problems!

irobot83
11-17-2010, 01:10 AM
So HEM was working fine for me for a while and suddenly it's not working right anymore. Everytime I try to open it, I get this error: "The following error occurred when trying to open the database: FATAL: 28P01: password authentication failed for user "postgres". I never changed any password..

I updated to the latest 9.0 or .01 postgres and I also updated HEM to the newest version, no help..

ARGH!

netsrak
11-17-2010, 04:59 AM
You updated Postgresql?
There is no update procedure for Postgresql - so i think your postgresql is no longer running because you now have 2 postgresql installations running on the same port.

You should uninstall 9.x and hopefully the original 8.4 version (i guess?) is running again. If not you need to reinstall 8.4 and reconnect to your old data folder: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)

irobot83
11-17-2010, 01:37 PM
The problem is, Postgre wasnt working even before I updated anything.

Patvs
11-18-2010, 02:09 AM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.
First try to reboot.
If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely
If you're choosing a different version of SQL, install it to a different PORT number, for example 5433