PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 + PostgreSql problem

11-16-2010, 09:35 PM
You know, we've all been desperate but this is something else really..
Ok, so I have windows 7 and Kaspersky Pure. Laptop I have Pure also but Vista. On laptop I succesfully downloaded HEM so I don't think its Kaspersky causing these problems.

Windows 7 gives my now "Sorry, could not install PostgreSql" message at the end of HEM installation. Earlier it was the "Could not connect 127.0.0.1..".

I have also uninstalling Kaspersky (also removed HEM and postgresql) and then re installing HEM. Doesnt work.

I have turned UAC off. I have added HEM and Postgre to exclusions, in windows firewall, windows defender and kaspersky.

I have checked that the files which are needed to run as admin. they are doing it.

I tried to install postgre (8.4) seperately, no success either.
I think I have done more but dont remember now which actions.

Please if someone can sort this out I would be more than thankful.

Ps. Im not willing to change Kaspersky to some free virus software which is suggested in some topics.

11-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Here is some pics of the messages im receiving.

Patvs
11-16-2010, 11:08 PM
-1 Uninstall Kaspersky..

-2 Download different version of SQL from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
Try installing them to different ports
For example SQL 8.4.5 to port 5432
9.0.1 to port 5433
8.2.x to port 5434

Which error do you get during the manual SQL installation?

If the manual installer doesn't accept the default password: postgrespass
delete the postgres user first:

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del'(without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can install PostgreSQL.

11-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Did everything you adviced.

Seemed it went "better" but first problem (problem1) appeared when tried to install postgre add-on (had to choose one?!). Still, I think it installed the postgres succesfully cause I can launch it now. But when I try to launch HEM I get this other message now (problem2).

Well I uninstalled HEM and tried to re-install now I get bunch of errors in the beginning of the installition. (licence)

Just getting errors basicly everywhere.

netsrak
11-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Your installation seems to be totally screwed.

Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.