PDA

View Full Version : just won't work

hotrock
11-16-2010, 09:24 AM
holdem manager hasnt worked in about 6 months love to get it going again.

think its just that a connection to postgres cannot be made. heres some errors messages i have got

the package was unable to replace the following file:c:\programfiles\rvg software\holdem manager\cards0.png

the package was unable to replace the following file:c:\programfiles\rvg software\deploylx.licensing.v3.dll

there was another few of these error messages while i was trying to install the newest update....

this is the error i get when trying to start HM.

"the following error occured when trying to open the database:failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1"

any help on what i could do would be great.

even better, could somebody remotely fix it for me iV put so many hours into this and pokertracker3 cant get either going

thanks

netsrak
11-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Which operating system are you using?

Seems like you haven't configured the administrator rights: Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibility tab.

For the database problem:
1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

If you can't figure it out please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.