PDA

View Full Version : Random Hands not getting imported

Tsun4mi
11-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Hi there,

suddenly (since yesterday) not all of my hands are getting imported while I'm playing (Ongame Network). Even a manual import after the session doesn't find any more hands.

I've installed the latest beta recently (before the problem occured) but I think it worked fine in the first place. Can't remember any changes I've made that could have lead to that issue. (1.06.04 beta 18) :confused:

Please help :eek:
Regards,
Bernd

morny
11-05-2008, 06:15 PM
If you experience this problem then close down HM and your ongame client and do the following:

1) rename the ongame DB to something else so that the ongame client recreates a new one. A smaller DB will have less of these problems
2) Open holdemmanager.config from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config and look for OngameDBDelay. Change the value from 15 to say 30 or 60. The longer you set this the less frequently HM will try to import hands. That # is the number of seconds.

The problem is that when ongame is writing hand info to the DB it frequently fails when another program is querying the DB. This causes corrupt hand info in the DB. What they should be doing is retrying on a failure (like Prima does for their SQLite DB) but they are not so if you play a bunch of tables then the chances of missing hands is higher since you are more likely to be reading from the DB while ongame tries to write to the DB. By setting this # much higher you make this much less likely.

Make sure HM is setup as per the FAQ for 1.06.04 http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=148