PDA

View Full Version : Weird issue solved by update+restart (and wondering what it was)

sandman369
03-10-2013, 12:16 PM
I got a weird issue that almost got me panicking, but then an update to the latest version followed by a restart seemed to fix it.

I played and used HEM fine last night, then today when I started up HEM and started auto-import, it wouldn't import anything forever. So I stopped it, shut down HEM, and launched it again. Then it gave an error and popped up the postgres database window (always worries me, cuz it shouldn't come up if everything's ok!)

I hit connect, and this error window popped up: 105181

So I came here saw that there was a newer version, so I waited for a break in my games and then updated and restarted my PC. Now it works again.

Wondering what happened, what the problem was, if anyone knows? And thought I would post just in case someone else runs into it, to let them know how I fixed it.

Patvs
03-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_04Mar2013.exe

The error suggests there either was a PostgreSQL connection issue, or a IO connection issue, where it couldn't read a file on your harddisk. Either the update... or just a restart fixed it.

If this error occurs again: run a SCANDISK / CHKDSK on your harddisk, or reimport your hands into a new empty database.