PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Tournament History Results

Rescom
11-15-2010, 04:15 AM
I updated to the latest version.

I requested my entire HH from Poker Stars and imported. A large portion of histories are actually showing I never cashed in any tournament ever. So I requested my entire tournament history summary and changed them to .txt files and imported. No change whatsoever. I have imported so many things now I dont know whats being recorded or even whats being read correctly.

Any help on how to import these files, how to restart my database, or which settings I need to change to get an accurate HH database / Tournament Results ?

Thanks.

netsrak
11-15-2010, 04:47 AM
Please make sure that you are using our latest release 1.11.05b http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For a fresh beginning:
Create a new database, import all your hands from the archive (default c:\hmarchive).

Copy the summaries to a .txt file and import them. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)
The summaries must be in english language, copy only the summary data to the text file and save it in UTF-8 Format.

Rescom
11-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Ok I tried this again and it did not work. I also did every step on this page

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

including using Notepad ++ (I already had NP ++ and am very familiar with it).

I believe the problem is in the way that PokerStars wrote the tournament history result. I created a new database as a test and repeated every above step. But when I search for my username nothing is found. This is an example of how they wrote the file.

All Heads up Sit & GoTournaments played by 'PlayerName':
Default currency: USD
Listing: Real Money FPP Events Freeroll
To: 2010-11-14-23.59.59

Date/Time Tourney Game Currency Buy-In ReBuys
AddOns Rake Place Entries Prize Bounty Awarded Target ID Qualified
7/21/2005 7:15:42 AM 10319886 NL Hold'em USD 5.00 0.00 0.25 1 2 10.00 0.00

Obviously my name is not "PlayerName". Does this give us any insight to what the problem is? They sent me 3 relatively small files, Regular Scheduled Tournaments, SnG Tournaments and HU Tournaments. Ill be happy to send them to a MOD if we can find a solution, thanks.

Patvs
11-16-2010, 12:04 AM
you need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does.

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=43)

Rescom
11-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Maybe my description of the problem was unclear because it didnt appear that you understood what I meant, or I hope thats all it was lol. That is the same exact thing you said in another thread which I just stated that I did.

1. I am running the latest version.

2. I requested my entire Hand History and imported it. It did not record accurate summaries.

3. I requested my entire Tournament History, they came in html.

4. I imported no change.

5. I changed to .txt using FireFox then reimported, no change.

6. I copy and pasted into notepad and saved as .txt, no change.

7. I copied and pasted into Notepad++ and followed all instructions in the FAQ section on how to do it with Notepad++, no change.

I am wondering if it is the way they wrote the history that is giving me the issue. It was written in some kind of column format that cant be replicated in .txt as far as I can see.

I can pass the Tournament History files along if that will help.

Any guidance in the right direction will be appreciated, thank you.

netsrak
11-16-2010, 05:02 AM
Please send us the hands and the summaries with link to this thread and explanation to support@holdemmanager.com

Are you aware that Stars now writes tourney summaries directly to your hdd?
You need to enable it in the Stars Handhistory options and add the folder to your HM auto-import folders.