PDA

View Full Version : HUD setup file location

Renseru
11-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Hello,
For some reason postgresql decided to stop working. I had planned on uninstalling and then reinstalling, probably not the best idea but w/e. The uninstall went fine. When I decided to reinstall, ver 9.0.1.1 is all that I could find. Long story short I can't install version 9.0.1.1 so I'm going to try completely reinstalling HEM with the postgresql that is attached to it.

I've never exported my HUD setup but I need to find the file location so that I can copy it before I try to completely reinstall HEM. I've already backed up my DB but I don't want to lose my HUD setup b/c it took me a couple of hours to get it "perfect".

Thanks for reading,
Ren

netsrak
11-15-2010, 05:00 AM
The default path is something like c:\program files(X86)\rvg software\holdemmanager. The settings are in the config subfolder.

You find other postgresql versions on PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org). There is 8.4 and 8.3 available as 1-click installer and older versions are in the archive.

Renseru
11-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Hmm, i'm not sure which file it is in the config subfolder. Do you think there would be any problems if I just made a copy of the whole file?

As for postgreSQL I found the installer for 8.4 but i'm getting the same error, which is during setup it asks for a password. When I put the password in I get "The password specified was incorrect. Please enter the correct password for the postgreSQL windows user account." I don't have a password to login and the only password I ever set up for postgreSQL was what HEM recommended I use when I installed postgreSQL.

netsrak
11-15-2010, 12:55 PM
You can copy the complete config folder.

If your postgresql password is not working please open a command box as administrator and type
net user postgres /delete

During the next postgresql installation you can assign a new password.

Renseru
11-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Ahh, thank you. Deleting and installing worked like a charm. It is telling me I lost my database though? I still have all the HHs and I put them back in the directory they came from [C:Users:Me:AppData:Roaming:HEM Data:Hands] but nothing is showing up. Is this a postgresql issue or is there something i'm doing wrong(like the wrong directory, etc)?

EDIT: Problem solved. I just re-imported the files from folder.

Thx for the help netsark