PDA

View Full Version : need help with postgressql trying to update sql

littleogre
11-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Ok i decided that i anted to update to version 9.x. When i tired to update it said to enter my current password if i already have postgresql installed. So i entered the pass that i use to get hem to connect to sql. No luck so i don't know what password it is asking for. So i decide to just uninstall my current version of postgre. I have all my hands backed up on a sdram card. So after searching postgresqland deleting everything save for the install file of the new version i try again. Still no luck so i google my problem and realize it's talking about the pgadmin user account password. Problem is i do not remember that password. So i think i just need to delete my old pgadmin user account but how do i do that?

littleogre
11-14-2010, 08:24 AM
I am running windows xp by the way. I did some googling and found that i can find my password by looking in pg_hba.conf . Problem is when i search for that file i get no results.

Patvs
11-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Hi,

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del'(without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can install PostgreSQL and use postgrespass as password