PDA

View Full Version : No Hands after Backup and Restore to New Computer?

graham
11-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Hello,

I just installed a new computer (Win7 X64) for a client who had been using HoldEm Manager on their old machine (Win XP) for several years.

Following the instructions in the FAQs I ran the HEM backup utility on the old machine, copied the backup file to the new machine and ran the HEM restore utility on the new machine. The first time I restored I chose "overwrite database" however the restore eventually encountered an error due to duplicate database names (the old database was called holdemmanager and a holdemmanager database was already created on the new machine when I ran the HEM install. I incorrectly assumed the new, empty database would be overwritten during the restore process). After encountering the error I setup the database to restore using the "new database" option and the restore ran without error. I called the new database "holdemmanagerrestored".

When I open Holdem Manager I see the database being used is "holdemmanagerrestored" however I do not see any hands in the hands list and the HUD is not appearing when the client plays a hand on PokerStars. Unfortunately I did not check to see if there were any hands in HEM on the old machine, however the client was sure that the HUD used to appear in PokerStars and provide relevant player/hand information.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is my first time dealing with HEM so I apologize if I am overlooking something obvious.

Thanks,
Graham

morny
11-13-2010, 09:36 PM
See this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Missing Hands or Inaccurate Reports (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/371/Missing+Hands+or+Innacurate+Reports) and Please see this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work) and answer any questions that apply to you so we can narrow down what the issue is

graham
11-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Morny.

In regards to the Missing Hands or Inaccurate Reports faq:

1. We have installed the latest version of HEM on the new computer. I don't know if the newest version was installed on the old computer before backing up.

2. The main filter has been cleared without any change.

3. Entering the reports, hands, graph and sessions tabs shows only one hand. We tried playing one hand in poker stars immediately after installing HEM (before running the restore). This hand still appears, nothing else.

4. Selecting All Games from the dropdown menu only gives an error reporting that we do not have an Omaha license.

5. We have only tried importing the database, we have not imported any hands (I was under the impression that the hands were recorded in the database, perhaps I am mistaken?)

6. There were no import errors (when importing the database).

----

In Regards to the HUD faq:

The autoimport folder was pointed to the wrong directory for pokerstars. The HUD is now working however it does not appear to have any relevant hand data for any hands from the backup.

----

One last note which may or may not be relevant (I'm still unfamiliar with how HEM tracks hands). After getting the HUD to work and playing several hands I was getting data in pokerstars and the table manager (hands played, each players stats etc.) However if I go back to HEM I still only see the one hand in the hand history that we played when first installing the software (before the HUD was working). None of the hands that were played today appear.

I hope this info is helpful. Thanks again for your assistance,
Graham

netsrak
11-15-2010, 04:25 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

graham
11-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks, netsrak. I will have my client contact your support staff.