PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Duplicate Hands

SonsOfLeda
11-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I've been calmly dealing with duplicate hands for awhile, but I'm incredibly sick of them now. I hoped that this would be taken care of in the most recent release, but after the session I played today, I had 103 duplicates. This means that I only actually played 461 hands of the 667 that were imported. You can imagine what this does to the stats when 22% of hands are being imported twice seemingly at random.

Why in the world is this happening? I already exported my histories, wiped my database, and imported everything again and that solves the problem temporarily - until I play another session.

Thanks for your insight in advance!

- Eric

Patvs
11-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

Duplicate handhistories is actually a very rare problem, caused by a corrupt database. If your database keeps 'corrupting', things to do:
-1 run a chkdsk (checkdisk), scandisk, defrag on your harddrive
-2 update SQL to the latest version, try 9.0.1
-3 create another new database using the new version of SQL and reimport all your hands.

SonsOfLeda
11-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks. I followed your suggestions and in the short session I played yesterday I finally had no duplicates. I was using v8.4 and upgraded to 9.0 (manual uninstall of the old, fresh install after). After the switch, I wasn't able to access the old database, so I have a feeling it was in fact corrupt. I simply made a new one and imported my hands from my archive - easy as that.

As a side note, I also had the 127.0.0.1 error that there have been a few posts about. Simply switching the port number was enough to solve this for me.

Thanks again for your help!

Oh yeah: I'm using Vista with AVG free antivirus and the standard Windows firewall.