PDA

View Full Version : Repeated crashes and inability to run HEM

weatherman
11-03-2008, 05:00 PM
every time I start up my computer it seems it's only a matter of time before I receive the error

"the following error occurred when trying to open the database: Connection establishment timeout. Increase Timeout value in ConnectionString"

I've tried updating to the latest version (1.06.04 beta 18) but that didn't fix the problem - I've already received the error twice after installing the new update which I saw recommended in another thread for the same problem.

I'm running Vista, UAC is disabled, and everything that needs to be is running as administrator

weatherman
11-03-2008, 07:04 PM
just happened again, this time it was when I tried to refresh the stats from my session

morny
11-04-2008, 01:06 PM
What version of PostgreSQL are you using?

weatherman
11-05-2008, 04:11 PM
version 8.3.0

obigo
11-05-2008, 04:41 PM
same problem here - happens every day :( 1.6.03 H and postgres 8.2 for me
cheers

morny
11-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Please try this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

obigo
11-05-2008, 07:23 PM
great! now its not registered :mad:
system restore then? i cant find my code

morny
11-05-2008, 07:36 PM
If you didnt keep your code email: support@holdemmanager.net

The betas solved that timeout problem so you shouldnt experience it anymore once you update to beta 21

weatherman
11-10-2008, 04:19 PM
the version you linked in this thread has not solved the problem at all, I'm still getting multiple crashes per day.

I'm just really disappointed here. The entire reason that I bought HEM while I already owned PT3 was because all I heard about was how stable it is and how I would never have to deal with those annoying PokerTracker freezes anymore in hte middle of playing.

I can say without question HEM has frozen more times just in the last two weeks than PT ever has for me. I really like the software but I don't know how much more of this I can take, it is literally guaranteed for me now that every time I run the software it will inevitably crash and I'll need to reboot

weatherman
11-10-2008, 08:20 PM
new error!

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown

morny
11-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Escalated to Roy

Rvg72
11-11-2008, 12:46 AM
new error!

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown

Hi, those timeout errors are due to anti virus / anti spyware software about 95% of the time. Most common offenders seem to be Norton and AVG Free edition.

The Out Of Memory Exception could be a number of different things but I had one person today with that issue and it was due to a something in his .net framework going bad. Reinstalling the Microsoft .net 3.5 redistributable fixed the problem:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

Roy

weatherman
11-20-2008, 02:17 PM
good news is i no longer receive the connection timeout error

bad news is that I'm now receiving a new error (twice is two days so far now)

"Following error occurred when trying to open the database: unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. "

Al1
11-20-2008, 03:06 PM
good news is i no longer receive the connection timeout error

bad news is that I'm now receiving a new error (twice is two days so far now)

"Following error occurred when trying to open the database: unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. "

Try those steps:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=171

fly fisher
11-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Hello,

I've had 4 or 5 lockup/crashes over the past several days as well. Booooooooo.

It seems to happen when HM is asked to perform multilple tasks at the same time - like it gets overloaded. For example, data collecting on many Full Tilt tables with HUD on and try to run a query. HM freezes up. In some instances I've tried closing down all HM program modules (main program, table manager and any other HM windows that may be open). Then, when I try to launch HM again, I get an error message that HM is already running. The only way to get HM running again is to reboot!

Next time it happens, I'll try to jot down some of the details.

I'm running HM 1.06.04 rc 5, Windows XP.

Anyone else experiencing multiple crashes?

morny
11-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Please go to Hud Options > Table Preferences and enable logging. Then recreate the crash and then go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs and send Mike the log.txt file with details of whats happening to mlamb1@gmail.com, make sure you send the log before restarting HM otherwise it will just clear the log