PDA

View Full Version : Error Creating Stat Ranges.xml

shakpablo
11-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi,
I have this problem when i start my HM. This happened when i downloaded the new version of the software. When i start the program it says something like this:
"Error creating the file Stat Ranges.xml, access denied to the file"

I have this program since almost 2 years.

Regards
Pablo

Patvs
11-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin"from the compatibility tab.

shakpablo
11-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks, it is an administrator problem. Do you know how can i set the HM to be always started as admin?

Thanks

Patvs
11-07-2010, 11:54 PM
If you have Windows Vista/7, it's easiest to completely turn off Windows User Account Control (control panel--> users-->)

Or... you manually must give holdemmanager.exe administrator privileges. You only have to do this once by:

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. -->navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.