PDA

View Full Version : Problem with auto import errors in big remote databases.

aamonstr
11-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Hello to all. First of all sorry for my bad english. :)

I have remote server with postgreSQL 8.4 installed and HoldemManager on it (updated every new patch). Have some users playing from this base. Server is core 2 duo, ssd harddrive, 8gb ram, windows 7 64bt.

I use "autoimort" for maning hands on server side. When i create new base all work perfectly. Then when size of database up to 40-50gb it stars make errors in autoimport. At the start it make not so much errors (about 5-10% of all hands). Then number or errors up and up (and make it about 60-80% from all imported hands).
I try make vacum and reindex of database. It doesnt help. (after reindex it can work without errors 5-30 hours and then stars errors again). I try create new database and make backup. Nothing. So when i make import in new base all work. When size up for 40-50 gb start this problem.

1)What i can to do? (Because i cant make reindex every 5-10 hourse)
2)May be the problem is that 4-5 people conects to database? (i use the same account postgress for all of them).

morny
11-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah it sounds like something is causing the corrupt, since its not normal practice for people to share the same database and also against most site terms and conditions its not something we can replicate to try and fix but it could be the cause of the problem. You can share the same database across a network and access if from different PC's but this would only be 1 open connection. Youll need to contact PostgreSQL to see if this is compatible, other possible issues could be bad hard disk on the PC with the database or software on that PC that is interferring with the database and causing the corrupt, sudden power loss or shutting it down via the power button rather than using a proper windows shutdown