PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get HM to work

Just_Some_Cheese
11-06-2010, 05:00 AM
OK so in a downswing/bad mood i decided to quit poker and uninstalled HM.
THen i when i rturned to my senses, i couldnt get it installed cause it kept saying there allready was a version on my PC.
I manually deleted all files with the name holdem manager and reinstalled HM, only to find the i cannot install PostgresQl when i use the combo installer.
It seems like HM is installed and the problem is POstgresQL.
how do i fix this? i need to see fish again :(

netsrak
11-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Please check whether postgresql is already installed and running. Its a windows service.

Check our FAQ:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

If postgresql is already running you can just start Holdemmanager and connect it to the database server.

Just_Some_Cheese
11-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Please check whether postgresql is already installed and running. Its a windows service.

Check our FAQ:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

If postgresql is already running you can just start Holdemmanager and connect it to the database server.

no i unistalled it.
After i couldnt get HM to instyall i deleted everything from HM from my computer also PostgresQL.

Just_Some_Cheese
11-06-2010, 11:26 AM
ok so now i have installed everything.
It just cant connect to the database

netsrak
11-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Is the postgresql service running?
Can you connect via pgadminIII?

Just_Some_Cheese
11-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Is the postgresql service running?
Can you connect via pgadminIII?

Its working :D
Thanks you!
i tried connecting via pgadmin and then i saw the port was a different number then HM tried to connect to.
i changed it in HM and now it works.
YEEHAAAA!!!