PDA

View Full Version : Tourney Import Failure; New FTP Version

Aceball
11-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been importing MTTs hands and summaries without any problem until today. HM will not import tournament files for tournament tables or summaries. I played 3 tourneys today, all MTTs. Only one imported successfully. The other two are not even listed in the Data View Section of results. The files are still in the FTP folder (they have not been moved to the HM archive folder). When I try to manually select the folder or files themselves, nothing happens, it says 0 files found.

Any ideas? FTP installed a new version today.

Aceball
11-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Actually, two summaries got moved to the HM Archive folder, however, only one summary's data is appearing in the Data View tab. I tried to reimport all files from todays archive folder, and its still not coming up.

Patvs
11-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

can you email us a handhistory + summary file that won't show up.

Does it show up if you reimport them into a new empty database?

Aceball
11-06-2010, 10:23 AM
It seems to be the database. Created a new database and it imported fine.

Luckily i had just backed up on Nov 1st, so I restored the Nov 1st version and reimported all hands and summaries for the month and it worked. Any tips on how I can prevent this from happening again in the future? How ften should be be doing DB maintenance?

Thanks for the help.

Aceball

netsrak
11-06-2010, 12:42 PM
You cant prevent a database from getting corrupt during a software or hardware crash.
You should do regular backups and maintenance monthly.