PDA

View Full Version : moving database to an other harddisc

Niranjana
11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I do have 2 database on my SSD. now the free space gets rare and I like to move one to an other drive. how I can do that? I stille use both databases from tome to time.

Patvs
11-05-2010, 11:30 PM
You can't have two SQL 8.4 databases: one on each drive.
Either move BOTH to another partition: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Move Database to Another Hard Drive or Partition (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/368/Move+Database+to+Another+Hard+Drive+or+Partition)

Or install SQL 9.0/8.3 to the other partition to a different PORT.
Then switch between ports (in database management) to switch between the two databases. (where SQL 8.4 is installed on port 5432 on C:/ with Database A, and SQL 9.0/8.3 is installed on port 5433 on X:/ with Database B)

Niranjana
11-15-2010, 04:42 AM
Thx, for your quick answer.
Does it matter what kind of mysql database version I have?

Or install SQL 9.0/8.3 to the other partition to a different PORT.
Then switch between ports (in database management) to switch between the two databases. (where SQL 8.4 is installed on port 5432 on C:/ with Database A, and SQL 9.0/8.3 is installed on port 5433 on X:/ with Database B)

If not than than the above solution would be best.
If I do install SQL 9.0 on the other partition. How can I get the hands in, do I need to export/import all my hands?

netsrak
11-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Its not Mysql - its postgresql.
You need to use a higher version than your existing installation, so you can only use 9.0.

To recreate your database create a backup and restore it into the new postgresql server.
Make an export of your hands too as 2nd level backup. Don't forget notes and tourney summaries.

There is also another solution for your original problem. You can create an additional tablespace on another harddisk for your existing postgresql server and restore a database to this tablespace. But for this you need some postgresql knowledge and should read the postgresql documentation.

Niranjana
11-16-2010, 06:53 PM
i did install postgres 9.0 on HHD2. I did export hands from database1 and import hem on database2 in postgress 9.0 on HDD2. But only 5% where imported. after reboot hem it was not possible to connect to 127.0.0.1 (the new postgress database). Where could be the problem?

Other problem, while trying to do a back up my 2 old databases to HHD2 (200GB free space) my HHD1 was used for storage and is full now, so the prosess hasn't competed.

Isn't it possible to make a backup to an other HDD without using the storage of the temp HHD?

netsrak
11-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Did you use a different port for the new postgresql installation?

For the backup: did you use the pgadminIII Backup function? I think for this you can choose the path and file.

Niranjana
11-17-2010, 09:01 AM
thx 4 ur quick answer.

yes I did use a different port. Do you have an idea where the problem could be?

For the back up I did go to hem / file / backup - I did not use pgadminIII. I will try to do a backup w pgadminIII, again.

PS: the export has been done. I did export it with a compression and didnt use any other options.

I do try it again importing hands into the new database with postgress 9.0. So it means I could open it again w hem.

Niranjana
11-18-2010, 07:08 AM
have the same prob again. tryed to import the files but couldn't finish - hem crashed down. again I can't connect. I just don't know why I can connect some times and some times not.

But most importent for me is how I need to install postgress 9.0 and open a new database for hem, so the installation of the hands works.

May I can get some advices.

my Server is 127.0.0.1 and username posgress, for all my databases. and I am using 1.11.05 Beta 17

netsrak
11-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Niranjana
11-18-2010, 02:39 PM
thx, I did write a eMail to support@holdemmanager.net.