PDA

View Full Version : Hard disk space - deleting old hands?

Gonzalez
11-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi!

Is it possible to delete old hands that have been imported to Holdem Manager? When I say "delete", I mean really free the memory in disk. not just put the flag "deleted" to true.

I ask this because, since I starting buying hand histories, every time I receive hands (about 80k hands per day) my PostgreSQL folder increases about 500MB. This means that, in a year, my 360GB disk will be full :D

Since my HUD uses the statistics of the hands of two months ago (older than two months are ignored), is there any way to delete hands older than a certain amount of time? (Except for MY hands, because I need all my hands to see my lifetime graphs and statistics)

Best regards!

Patvs
11-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Three things you can do so it won't get to 360 GB:
-1 turn off LOGGING: read: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

-2 COMPRESS the SQL/data folder (right click on the folder--> properties--> allow COMPRESS)

-3 options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands-->
purge all hands older than 2+ months (by using the date filter)... and also select your HERO/ALIAS so it won't purge ANY hand you played.

Gonzalez
11-06-2010, 08:01 AM
what is the folder that I must compress?

netsrak
11-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Depends on your Postgresql installation. Something like c:\program files(X86)\postgresql\8.x\data.

But please stop the postgresql service before compressing this folder.