PDA

View Full Version : HUD Crashes

Irishman07
11-04-2010, 11:55 PM
The past couple weeks Ive been having problems where my HUD will sometimes crash when I close a Stars table. Usually if I go to Relaunch HUD it will start up again but then randomly it will crash again at some point when I close another table. Other times after it crashes it will crash again as soon as I try to relaunch it. I play on both Full Tilt and Stars but I've noticed the problem happening exclusively when I close the Stars tables. If I close out all the Stars tables I have running it will then always relaunch even if I'm on Full Tilt tables as well.

The first time I noticed it was after I installed Comodo Firewall so I thought it might have something to do with that, but I tried adding the main Stars executable as well as the Holdemmanager and HUD .exe files to the allow list and am still having the problem. I then tried quitting Comodo Firewall altogether and just using Windows Firewall but still experience the problem, so not sure the Firewall is the issue.

I am running Windows Vista and HEM version 1.11.05 Beta 18. I've used HEM for well over a year now and this is the first I've experienced this problem so I've no idea what could be causing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

netsrak
11-05-2010, 05:00 AM
Did you try to uninstall Comodo completely? This firewall causes a lot of problems.

Please update to 1.11.05a http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

If it still crashes please enable logging in the table preferences and send us the log file: support@holdemmanager.com

Irishman07
11-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Uninstalling Comodo completely seems to have done the trick. I haven't noticed the problem since. Although I probably would like to have a better firewall in place than the basic Windows Firewall - is there a good option you recommend that works well with HEM?

Patvs
11-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Any Firewall where you can add holdemmanager.exe/postgres.exe (port 5432, etc) to the exceptions list will do.