PDA

View Full Version : Stats Keep Moving

saygn
11-04-2010, 01:49 AM
I am trying to set up a HUD with multiple panels, and the stats keep moving every time a hand imports. I've read through people's previous problems with this issue, and the advice is generally:

1) Make sure my seating preferences align for both HEM and my poker client (Full Tilt)
2) Place the stats where I want them to be
3) Table Manager -> File -> Save Positions

I've done this, but the second the latest hand gets imported, my stats jump all over the place. I saw how many people had this issue, but it doesn't seem like any of the advice is solving the problem for me. I am using version 1.11.05a. Any further assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

p.s. Clicking "restore position" does absolutely nothing when I select it, even after saving my layout the way I want it.

netsrak
11-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Configure the preferred seating of your pokerclient and the seating preferences in hm accordingly
* open one table, play at least one hand
* move the stats with the right mouse key to the correct positions
* table manager -> table -> save positions
* now you can open further tables but you will always have to play at least one hand for the stats being moved to the correct positions.

see our preferred seating faq:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Preferred Seating (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/preferred+seating)

saygn
11-04-2010, 04:27 PM
That's the problem...Like I listed in my OP, I've done preferred seating, right-click moved all the stats to where I wanted them, and saved it in Table Manager. However, I haven't even gotten to the point where I can open a 2nd table because the first table keeps screwing up. I put everything where I want it, save it, and then wait for the latest hand to import because it scrambles everything again. Even if I click "restore position" and wait a few more hands, the stats don't move back into place.

I made a quick video of me following the FAQ steps as I've interpreted them. It's a 2minute video about 4mb in size. I understand if you do not want to download it for security reasons, but if you do want to see what I've done without success, you can download it here:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=20BCOMSM)

I feel as though I've followed all the steps to the letter and it hasn't done anything to prevent my stats from moving all over the place.

morny
11-04-2010, 08:24 PM
That link says The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.

can you try www.yousendit.com, once we see this it should be much clearer what the issue is

saygn
11-05-2010, 01:37 AM
is yousendit free? all I see is like $10.99 and $3.99 there. Either way, I believe the megaupload link is now up and running. I am not getting the temporarily unavailable error anymore.

saygn
11-05-2010, 04:46 PM
bump

megaupload file is up and running.

netsrak
11-06-2010, 07:45 AM
There might be something wrong with your configuration.

1) close hm and the table manager.
2) delete your existing hud prefs file \holdem manager\config\prefs.xml , so hm will rebuild it to default.
3) delete the position files config\pospref*.txt (= pospref.txt, pospref2.txt,...)
4) start hm< auto import, open the table manager, and test on a single cash table.

And please don't use the default Hud, create a new one and configure it under "Use for" for FTP.

If that doesn't help please attach your holdemmanager.config file from c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). it may be just called holdemmanager if you've extentions turned off.

saygn
11-08-2010, 02:52 PM
It's still not working. I deleted all the files you instructed me to. I then created a brand new hud without using the default one. Followed all the instructions regarding setting my table preferences, aligning them correctly on 1 table and clicking "save positions" in the table manager. The stats still jump all over the place after the hand imports. The only difference now is that when I click "restore positions" I get a message saying "Can't find backed up positions. Please save positions before restoring" which I find strange because I click "save positions" and it apparently doesn't save. I guess I'll create a support ticket and schedule a teamviewer session or something. I don't understand why or how keeping the hud stats in the correct spot is so complicated.

One interesting thing to note is that I created the same HUD setup on my friend's machine, and not only do his stats move around as well, they move to the EXACT same location as mine move to whenever a new hand imports.

baroque
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM
i having the same problems as saygn. It will not save, remember where i want the stats.

morny
11-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Hi, maybe we can do a teamviewer session to troubleshoot the problem, please email me with a suitable time to do the session and also the timezone your in.

support@holdemmanager.com