PDA

View Full Version : Can't run the installer (64-bit OS)

betmeout
11-03-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and I get this error message when I try to run the installer for the latest release (Hm_1.11.05aa.exe):

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

What to do?

morny
11-03-2010, 11:39 PM
before running the file right click and choose properties, is there an unblock button? Press that if there is and go into the compatibility tab and tick run as admin and then run the file. Im running windows 7 64 bit and i never get the message so its not a 32/64 bit issue

Other thing is to go to C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager right click holdemmanager.exe and go to properties and check the compatibility tab that you dont have "run this program in compatibility mode" selected. Also check the same for hmhud.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and hmimport.exe

betmeout
11-04-2010, 12:40 AM
before running the file right click and choose properties, is there an unblock button? Press that if there is and go into the compatibility tab and tick run as admin and then run the file. Im running windows 7 64 bit and i never get the message so its not a 32/64 bit issue

Other thing is to go to C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager right click holdemmanager.exe and go to properties and check the compatibility tab that you dont have "run this program in compatibility mode" selected. Also check the same for hmhud.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and hmimport.exe

There was an unblock button and after clicking it I ticked 'run as admin', but the error still occurs.

I also checked that none of those files are run in compatibility mode.

netsrak
11-04-2010, 11:38 AM
You already have HM installed and running?
If not you need to run the full installer from our homepage first.

If yes please reboot your computer and download and install the update again from this link: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

betmeout
11-04-2010, 02:35 PM
You already have HM installed and running?
If not you need to run the full installer from our homepage first.

If yes please reboot your computer and download and install the update again from this link: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Thanks, got it working now!