PDA

View Full Version : Enderstanding All In EV Graph

JasonG
11-03-2010, 01:14 PM
With the ALL IN EV Graph, I understand that it shows you what you should have made vs what you did make.

That said, does that mean if my winnings are above the EV line for say 1000 hands, I basically donkey'ed and just got lucky or does the line not get that complex and take into account everything?

If my winnings are below the EV, I was having a bad run?

I have had hundreds of hands in a row actually match the EV. I am assuming this means I am on target?

Thanks!
Jason

The Minder
11-03-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm assuming this is for cash game hands.

If the winnings line is above the EV line, yep you're a lucky donktard. If the EV line is below the winnings line the donks are beating the snot out of you.

If your EV and winnings line track together, this quadrant of the universe is safe and math is the only true religion.

JasonG
11-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm assuming this is for cash game hands.

If the winnings line is above the EV line, yep you're a lucky donktard. If the EV line is below the winnings line the donks are beating the snot out of you.

If your EV and winnings line track together, this quadrant of the universe is safe and math is the only true religion.

Thanks.

But I like "DonkTard"
Its says... so much so quickly.

JasonG
11-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Had a crappy day yesterday at the micros. But this graph tells me it should not have been that bad or I shouldnt beat myseld up much?

Typical nut flush vs rivered full house. KK vs AA preflop, etc etc.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x371/jasonguarino/graph1.jpg

The Minder
11-09-2010, 07:49 PM
It's difficult to see the final split between the winnings line and the All-In EV line, so I'll take a guess and say they're pretty much together.

I'm no expert in these graphs and I think they can be interpreted a gozillion different ways, but your red/green lines are tracking together so that would indicate to me that variance wasn't a factor in your play. In other words, what should have happened (according to the laws of probability) did happen.

Perhaps you just had one of those days where you were out-gunned, even after making 'correct' decisions. We all have days like that.