PDA

View Full Version : HUD stopped working after last Stars update

Gonira
11-02-2010, 05:31 PM
i sent an e-mail to support. i'm copying it here so perhaps more people could help.

i don't understand, i talked to a lot of people and it seems like i'm the only person experiencing this issue.

my pokerstars client was automatically updated in the end of september/start of october. it was that big update with the ideas they took from table ninja, like sit-out next big blind, etc. hud was working normally until then. but since the update, it's just not working anymore. i had version 1.11.04 installed. tried 1.11.05b and it didn't work, so i completely uninstalled hem and reinstalled from scratch. didn't work. updated to 1.11.05a now and still no luck. i reinstalled stars client from their website too, no luck.

the client is saving hand histories in english, auto-import folder is correctly configured. the hands are being saved in the database and i can view all of them in the reports. table manager does locate the tables, but hud doesn't show up. i tried to use table finder, but it says there's no unattached hands and it doesn't give me the list of tables so i can drag the target onto them. i played few sessions in stars after this problem. sometimes the hud showed up normally in one single table and appeared with zeroed stats for all players in others, but most of the time i had no sign of hud in any table and it doesn't matter what i tried, it wouldn't show up. relaunching hud has no effect too. played on ftp and hud is working fine. please, i need a solution. pokerstars is my main room and i have no way of playing there without a hud, and i tried anything i could to try and solve this issue.

morny
11-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Are you using any type of Mod, like windows blinds or any themes of any sort?

Gonira
11-03-2010, 12:56 AM
no. i'm using windows 7 home premium, aero enabled. no mods. standard pokerstars skin.

it was working perfectly in the morning before the update here. as soon as i opened stars in the afternoon and noticed the changes, no more hud.

serjooha
11-03-2010, 12:51 PM
i got the same problem, showing in table manager, but not importing hands and no HUD. Worked fine this morning

netsrak
11-03-2010, 01:01 PM
I don't think a Stars update broke something because in this case we would have billions of "Stars not working" threads.

* Please try updating to the latest version 1.11.05a http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

serjooha
11-03-2010, 01:19 PM
its got something to do with the location of default PS hand history save folder in AppData/Local. Changed save folder and now works fine.

Gonira
11-03-2010, 03:32 PM
yay! stars launched another update here today and now it's working fine. thank you all anyways.