PDA

View Full Version : I can't install PostgreSQL

Mano
11-02-2010, 12:45 PM
I download HEM version 1.11.05a my computer. I started installed it. It went well (like normaly Wizard install) until almost at the end of installation comes text: Sorry, could not install PostgreSQL. My operating system is Windows 7 64-bit. I prevent UAC. What I do next?

netsrak
11-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Please download and install postgresql 8.4 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org). If that fails try 8.3.
If that fails too try a different partition like d:

loustic
11-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Also, be sure to launch the install as an administrator !

Mano
11-03-2010, 07:43 AM
I installed postgresql 8.4 but not without problem. When I install postgresql then came text like that:

Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error reading file C:/Progrram Files(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf

Installation of an otherwise well-managed. Is that serious?

My new problem is: The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'.

My hosts file looks like that:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

What I do next?

netsrak
11-03-2010, 12:34 PM
The postgresql service is not installed properly.

We sometimes see this problems with windows 7 64 bit. Please try this version of postgresql instead: PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.18/win32/postgresql-8.2.18-1.zip)

Mano
11-03-2010, 03:18 PM
The postgresql service is not installed properly.

We sometimes see this problems with windows 7 64 bit. Please try this version of postgresql instead: PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.18/win32/postgresql-8.2.18-1.zip)

That doesnt help either. Did I have to delete others PostgreSQL? Is that any help is I uninstall antivirus system?

morny
11-03-2010, 11:01 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue and the following guide will help you to fix this problem.

Go to Start > Programs (or all programs) > PostgreSQL 8.x > choose Stop Service

Start > Programs (or all programs) > PostgreSQL 8.x and choose Start Service. This may take some time and a black dos window may appear while its starting. If it fails to start delete the C:\Program Files\postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it.Do not delete any other files

Are you familiar with Event Viewer. Can you go to Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and then into applications and you should see an error for postgreSQL that corresponds to the time of the error you got when you tried to start PostgreSQL, can you post the details of that error and it will give me an idea of whats wrong, screenshot and/or copy and paste the message

Mano
11-04-2010, 09:40 AM
What version of the postgre to make changes? I have in my computer postgreSQL 8.2, 8.4 and 8.4-prev-2010-30-Oct-16-09-29?

What I suppose to do when Stop Service and Start Service? My Windows is Finnish so I'm not sure what to do.

How I post a picture?

netsrak
11-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.