PDA

View Full Version : Giving HM a whirl...

dblgutted
11-02-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm a PT3 user and have been fairly happy with it through the bugs and glitches. But now I'm beginning to play more tables and the software has become too laggy to move up with me. Someone on 2+2 suggested HM, so here I am.

After I import all the hh from my PT3 database, what should I do next? Can I also export & backup the database (in case of failure, or in case I prefer PT3 and want to add the hands from the next 15 days into my PT3 database)?

Will the all-in EV$ work for tournaments?

dblgutted
11-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Answers to my own questions:

yes you can backup/export
no $ev doesnt work for tournaments (let alone graphs)
yes, the hud is slightly faster (Instead of freezing at 20 tables, it just doesn't show me the flop or where the button is -- guess my computer is the bottleneck)

Overall, doesn't look like it will be worth switching for me.

Al1
11-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Answers to my own questions:

yes you can backup/export
no $ev doesnt work for tournaments (let alone graphs)
yes, the hud is slightly faster (Instead of freezing at 20 tables, it just doesn't show me the flop or where the button is -- guess my computer is the bottleneck)

Overall, doesn't look like it will be worth switching for me.

Overall, you'r wrong. I had used PT3 and HM is way ahead currently.
Just spend a little time to domesticate it.

What's your troubles with the hud?

p.s.: Tournaments section is going to be improved fastly.

morny
11-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Tourney support is being worked on at the moment so youll have all in EV graphs, session details and lots of other performances soon.

About the hud problems if you give me more details i may be able to help, what site is this, how many tables and what do you mean it dosent show the flop?

dblgutted
11-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Tourney support is being worked on at the moment so youll have all in EV graphs, session details and lots of other performances soon.

About the hud problems if you give me more details i may be able to help, what site is this, how many tables and what do you mean it dosent show the flop?

Poker stars, 20 tables SNG. The hud shows up, but pokerstars appears to lag. It will show the holecards and how much it is to call the bet, but the table image itself freezes so I won't see what cards have flopped, nor can I tell where the button is.

fabio
11-04-2008, 02:32 PM
move the opacity slider to the right (max.)
HUD Options -> Player Preferences

morny
11-04-2008, 03:14 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=162 also you can try these solutions but ignore step 8 as it dosent apply in your case