PDA

View Full Version : Question about 4bet Stat

weatherman
11-01-2010, 06:38 PM
I was curious as to whether the 4b% and 4b range stats were static, or if they are a function of the person's preflop style?

For instance I observed an odd comparison between two players which made me question this stat;

full ring, Player A plays 19/15 with a 6% 3bet, Player B plays 11/8 with a 3.5% 3bet, yet Player A has a 4bet of 17% while Player B has a 4bet of 20%. Does this mean that while Player A may actually 4b a wider range, his 4b% is lower because he has to fold to more 3b than Player B because he's opening more hands? Or does this simply mean that Player B is taking advantage of his tight image and 4b'ing more hands?

to put it another way - does a 4bet of X% indicate a nearly equivalent range for a tight vs. loose player or does an identical 4b% mean different things for different styles of player?

morny
11-01-2010, 10:50 PM
This is the formula - Total PFR multiplied by Total 4bet %.. The thing to keep in mind is that most 4bet situations will involve later positions and PFR and 4bet % will be higher from late position than the overall PFR so the tags opening range is much wider than suggested IF hes in late position.

The thing is with a nit hes PFR range is already pretty strong so you would expect hes 4bet range to be wide, i suspect the nits call 3bet range was quite low so he probably either folds with hes weaker range and 4bets hes strong range.