PDA

View Full Version : Hud keeps freezing every 10 minutes

Chan KH
11-01-2010, 06:00 PM
For some reason, my hud freezes all my poker tables, on every site (AP, PS, FTP).

I have to manually CTRL ALT DEL the HMHUD.exe and everythng starts working, but the time everything starts working, I miss all my hands and blind posting.

I am using the version 1.11.05 beta 7 on windows vista.

Thanks

AAMickeyAA
11-01-2010, 06:33 PM
For some reason, my hud freezes all my poker tables, on every site (AP, PS, FTP).

I have to manually CTRL ALT DEL the HMHUD.exe and everythng starts working, but the time everything starts working, I miss all my hands and blind posting.

I am using the version 1.11.05 beta 7 on windows vista.

Thanks

Same here on Party. System Win XP SP3. HEM 1.11.05 beta 7

morny
11-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Hi,

Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/How+To+Update+Your+Graphics+Card+DriverOn)

Chan KH
11-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Hello Morny,

I tried everything except the graphics driver. Still have the same problem. How do you disable AHK scripts?

Thanks

morny
11-04-2010, 12:24 AM
ok well try the graphics card driver upgrade as that can make a difference, to disable AHK scripts just close them down

Chan KH
11-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Hello Morny,

I tried everything except the graphics driver. Still have the same problem. How do you disable AHK scripts?

Thanks

ok well try the graphics card driver upgrade as that can make a difference, to disable AHK scripts just close them down

Hello Morny, I installed the new graphic card. It seems to work better on full tilt but it still freezes on AP

morny
11-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Is there anything showing up in event viewer, if you load task manager at the time it happens what processes are using the most memory?

What other software have you open, have you tried closing everything else except HM and UB, the only thing you should have open is those 2 and close absolutely everything else.

What firewall and antivirus have you

Chan KH
11-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Hello Morny,

I just checked my processes when it freezes and the one that uses the most memory is the mainclient.exe (200 000K) EDIT: Just realized it's AP. Everything else seems fine and I just don't know what the problem is with AP

I desactivated my antivirus and it doesnt work still on AP :(

morny
11-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi,

Can you contact AP and maybe they can debug whats causing the spike in memory resources

Chan KH
11-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Isn't it illegal to ask for a third-party program to be
Fixed? Because it works fine when i close my hud but once I
reopen it, it freezes after 3-4 min.

What should I ask them exactly?

netsrak
11-08-2010, 04:34 AM
Can you please run a test with our latest release 1.11.05a? http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

We made some improvements for the Hud since Beta 7.

deacydo
11-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I am having a similar problem on UB/AP. I have 1.11.05b on Windows 7. The HUD will work fine for a few minutes or sometimes even hrs, but has been crashing every day. Once it crashes if I restart HEM and the auto import it will freeze again right away.

netsrak
11-17-2010, 05:17 AM
Please enable logging in the table preferences and send us the log file with link to this thread and explanation to support@holdemmanager.com

ProsperousOne
11-27-2010, 11:14 PM
I've been having this problem sporatically for months on FTP. It was happening on Windows 7 and on my laptop with XP SP3. I'm running Latest Beta (1.11.05d).

I'm running TableNinjaFT, HM and FTP. For Antivirus I'm running Microsoft Security essentials, and Malware Bites AntiMalware. The program that freezese is HMHud.exe It takes about 60 seconds the "HUD has crashed unexpectedly error message, but all FTP tables freeze and I'm not able to activate any buttons (call fold bet).

It just cost me $25 with trip aces when I couldn't call a shove on the river and I timed out, AND had KK on another able!!!

I'll add HMexe to Anitmalware and MSE, update the graphics drivers. Any other suggestions?

netsrak
11-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Please disable live-tracking and prefetch
and if it still happens please enable logging in the table preferences and send us the log file with link to this thread and explanation to support@holdemmanager.com