PDA

View Full Version : HEM, New Desktop, and sharing

Nairb
11-01-2010, 10:16 AM
I scanned through the quick starts and such and cannot find specific information that I need, maybe I looked in wrong place.

Anyway,I bought a new desktop and plan to start my sessions on my laptop, then move to my desktop and bigger screen when the wife goes to bed. What I need to know is

1. I downloaded HEM and have it working properly on the trial. I own HEM on my laptop. How many computers can my one registration number work on? How do I get my registration number if I cannot find it?

2. Is there a way to have hands recorded on my laptop to show up when I log off that and log onto my desktop or do I manually have to transfer the hands that were collected while playing on the laptop to my desktop? What about all my historic hands I have on my laptop, what is the easiest way to transfer those?

I guess a better way to ask is will two PCs share the hands collected on each one or are hand imports PC specific?

netsrak
11-01-2010, 10:32 AM
1. Your key is valid for 2 of your PCs at a time. You should save this key in a safe place (a printout is very helpful in case your PC crashes). To get your key look at Help->Registration->Show serial number)

2. The easy way is to copy the handhistories from one computer to the other and import them via import file or import from folder. You should find them in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive).
A more sophisticated solution is to setup one of your computers as database server: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Run PostgreSQL Over a Network (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/90/Run+PostgreSQL+Over+a+Network+)