PDA

View Full Version : Start/End time of session

duaner
11-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi,

Is that possible to add a spread to the date time displayed ? My problem is that the time displayed it's not the good one (respect to my time zone) (but it's the one saved by poker stars)...

Is there a way to have the time I really played displayed ?

Thanks,
Renaud

fabio
11-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Go To Options > Miscellaneous Options > Set Day Starts At and set the difference you have to the pokersite as the time

duaner
11-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I already tried this, perhaps it's only work after a rerun of the soft or only on hands imported after the spread have been done ?

theRabidDog
11-02-2008, 08:51 PM
dunno if i understood u correctly but i think have the same problem.

basically...if u live in a different time zone than the site server and youre playing on 2 different sites then 2 hands played at the same time for example (on 2 diff sites with diff time zones) will be imported as being played 6hrs (or whatever the diff is) later and this messes up the session tab and the graph.

lets say i play 2 diff hands at 4:33 PM but the server time on one site is 10:33 PM then itll look like i played the one hand 6hours after the other.

hope i made myself clear...

so how do i fix this if i cant change the server time/clock in the poker client??

regards

bjorn

theRabidDog
11-03-2008, 05:35 PM
i would never bump unless i thought that support had forgotten about a certain post...so, *BUMP*

morny
11-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Set day start time only works when you play on 1 site. We currently dont have a solution for multiple sites although were looking into adding this as soon as we can.

To explain how it works lets say we play on FTP and were 2 hours behind the server time. We only want hands played upto midnight to be counted for todays results, we play hands at around 11.30pm but since FTP is 2 hours ahead the timestamp says 1.30am and there included in the next days results which we dont like. So we change the day starts at option to 2am to offset the difference but again it only works with one site timezone

fanlan
11-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I understand how this is supposed to work and I would assume the time is changed when holdem manager imports the hand history from betfair.

my time is e.g. 15:00.
betfair time is 14:00.
so I set the "day starts at" to 23.00 PM.

nothing is changed when I import new hands, the time of the hand is still betfair time.

Am I missing something here?

edit: using beta 15

morny
11-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Th timestamp wont change that will always remain the same but when you view the hands in Holdem Manager that were played at lets say 11.30pm your time (12.30am betfair time) then they should show up in Todays results up to midnight and after midnight it should show in yestredays results if you run a search, try Beta 20 in case this isnt working and let me know and ill check it out http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

fanlan
11-05-2008, 03:42 AM
ok thank you for clearing that up.

maybe an idea to implement changing the time in the hand itself for the future?

fabio
11-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Its on our todo list :)

duaner
11-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Fine, it could be a good improvment. Thanks for your responses. Have a nice dev :p

Renaud

wadethomas
11-07-2008, 12:36 AM
wait.. im a little confused. So if i am one hour behind Fulltilt. What do i need to make my "day starts at"?

For example, right now Full tilt says its 11:30 pm and where i am it is only 10:30 pm. What change do i need to make to get this correct?

morny
11-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Presuming you want your new day to start at midnight then set it to 1am.

It dosent change the time of the hand in HM but for instance if your looking at todays results and its 11.45pm your time (12.45am FT time and the next da) it will still show that hand in todays results along with all your results for earlier in comaprisson to leaving it unchaged it would only show results since 11pm your time if you had the today filter selected as it would presume any hands after 11pm would be a new day

thakilla
01-20-2009, 12:32 AM
I think this issue probably applies to my question too. Btw, I just recently changed my settings so that my day would start at 12:00am my time.

I don't know if I always had this problem or not, but today was the first time I noticed it....I played on both stars and Full Tilt simultaneously, when I was finished and reviewed the stats for my session it had me as playing 2x the amount of hours I actually played. It added the hours for both sites together even though those hours were played at the same time.

I just noticed that on stars you can change your time zone settings, If I change it to be on Eastern Time (like full tilt is) will that solve the issue possibly?

Any solutions?

morny
01-20-2009, 10:16 AM
My day starts at option dosent change the HH timestamp it just adjusts HM to display the hands correctly to your timezone by offsetting the time difference. This dosent work for multiple sites which is why your getting the problem however if you can change the stars timezone to the same timezone as FTP then it should work.