PDA

View Full Version : Can i import .rar files (tournament summaries) into hem

jjittojj
02-17-2013, 11:49 PM
hi,

I asked Pokerstars, to email me my tournament summaries for the past 3 years.

they emailed me them as a .rar file
when i unzipped it it is an excel type file.

Can hem 1 import these tournament summaries ?

TY

Patvs
02-18-2013, 03:36 AM
The rar file they emailed you unzips to a 'results' file with all your tournament results.

A results file uses a different formatting as 'summary files', but you should still be able to run a import from file on it in HM1.

jjittojj
04-11-2013, 05:45 AM
Hi,

I tried to browse / import from file in hem1/ the unzipped file rar files (now an excel file).
But, hem does not recognise the excel files as an importable option, the only files available on my desktop for example, to import when using the hem/import from file/browse option are any text files,notepad docs.

So it's not as clear cut as your advice,.

Am i missing something ?

Is there a workaround ?

FWIW, stars said the same tournament summary, files in html format , were too expensive..
(they are big files, i'm serious grinder).

Also i need to know,

If i import new tournament summaries, over my manual adjustments, will it re-write totally , or just add on top, of my manual entries.

example; tournament 377595696785 i manually added $70 for re-buys, then import tournament summary from stars,
will it now say i re-buyed $140 ?

TY

fozzy71
04-11-2013, 08:07 PM
What is the file extension on these 'excel' files? Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default. Show Extensions :: Scott Granneman (http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/windows/showextensions/)

You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars did not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive in the past, like FTP did. They recently added this feature, so please enable the option in the PokerStars client and add the folder to your Auto Import Folder Configuration.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/441/Poker+Stars+Tournament+Summary+Setup

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Histories/Summaries.

They will send you an email with links to zip files of your hand histories. Download all the zip files. Right-Click > Extract the contents of each zip file to a new folder. HM > Import From Folder for all of the unzipped hands.

The tournament summaries should be attached to the email as .htm files. Download the attachments. HM > Import File(s) for all of those files. It will probably ask you to search/select your Pokerstars screen name. If the files are sent as .html you will need to rename them (Right-Click > Rename) from .html to .htm extensions.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+

Those are the only types of summary files we support.

Importing the summaries should correct the results for you. If you have any problems I would suggest importing the original hands to a new database and then import the summaries.