PDA

View Full Version : Update HEM

Mariners
10-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Everytime i update my HEM it forgets the stats i added to my reports. i added EV bb/100 to stakes now it has gone, after update.

netsrak
10-31-2010, 07:44 AM
Which operating system?
Usually this configuration should not be replaced unfortunately some users report this problem but we haven't found the source of this until now.
As a workaround you should backup the config and reports subfolders before installing an HM Update and restore them if something was overwritten.

Mariners
10-31-2010, 08:43 AM
windows 7

netsrak
10-31-2010, 12:43 PM
You are running everything as Administrator?

Please check your "username" subfolders - do you have any holdemmanager config files under this folder structure?

bviktor
10-31-2010, 01:36 PM
one cause could be that you update by uninstall/install, not simply update. on uninstall hem removes *everything* from program files, which is rude.

why does hem save its config (and logs, and who knows what else) to program files after all? it's a bad practice since about 2000. program files is, as the title suggests, for program files, not for config files. hands history folder is already set to %APPDATA%\HEM Data\Hands by default (although archive folder is %SYSTEMDRIVE%\HMArchive by default, which should be something like %APPDATA%\HEM Data\Hands Archive instead), so this behaviour is quite confusing and improper. not to mention i can't select the appdata folder for the archive folder coz the hem browser dialog won't show hidden folders (yet it shows things like control panel...), so i ended up manually modifying it in HoldemManager.config....

and by the way, why is hem run as admin at all? :) postgres access doesn't require admin privileges. users should be instructed to save their hands history to %APPDATA%\HEM Data\Hands with their poker client (i'm already doing that) and not into program files (that's the default for full tilt at least), and it's all good.

Mariners
12-20-2010, 08:10 PM
You are running everything as Administrator?

Please check your "username" subfolders - do you have any holdemmanager config files under this folder structure?

no config files anywhere else on my PC

Patvs
12-21-2010, 02:19 AM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.05e_internal.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Mariners
12-22-2010, 11:31 PM
there all running as admin already. this hasn't fixed the problem :(

Patvs
12-23-2010, 04:56 AM
Reinstall HoldemManager using the 93 mb full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe

That should create a /Config subfolder in your HoldemManager folder.

Mariners
12-23-2010, 11:25 AM
if i do this, am i going to lose my hud, filters and reports etc?

Sarek
12-23-2010, 01:53 PM
If you just reinstall HM in the same path as it was, it leaves all your custom files intacted

Patvs
12-23-2010, 02:18 PM
You'll only lose your HUD.. so you'll need to export your custom HUD.

Reinstalling HM using the full installer won't affect your current database.

Mariners
02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I've reinstalled hem as you said. it was 1.11.05e. I then input evbb/100 and updated to 1.11.06a and it has removed the stat again.

Patvs
02-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Turn off UAC on your computer and reboot.

Does it only remove the stats when you update, or every time you restart HoldemManager?

Mariners
02-09-2011, 11:46 AM
UAC is already off. its just after i've updated hem, it's fine when restarting.

Mariners
02-21-2011, 09:51 PM
bump

netsrak
02-22-2011, 05:58 AM
Unfortunately we have this problem on some random user installations.

You should create backup copies of your reports and config subfolder before running an update and copy them back after the update.