PDA

View Full Version : Several Questions About New Stats

Ajax
10-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Here is a quote from another thread.

...we will be adding a lot more stats in the future but its not ideal to add a stat here and there normally because it requires people to reload all their hands which is a big inconvenience and we dont want to be doing this too often...

The original thread is http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/3719-what-stats-do-you-want-37.html#post183809

I have several questions related to this, but I think they would be off-topic if I asked them in the "What stats do you want?" thread, so I decided to just put my questions here in a new thread.

I did not realize hands needed re-import for newly-added stats to be calculated. Is this true for both report stats and HUD stats as well?

When a new stat is created, does that require the creation of another database column in a table somewhere? For both reports and HUD too? If so, then when the ability to create custom stats is implemented sometime in the future, will we be creating new database columns every time we define new stats for ourselves?

Is it possible to implement a feature in which instead of re-importing all hands for new stats, we can just press a button that re-calculates all the stats? If not, then my guess is that it is because the stats create new columns, and there would be no room in the database to simply squeeze columns in at the file level.

morny
10-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Yes it currently requires you to reimport your hands and requires the creation of a newcolumn and/or formula

In future well have a caching feature which will re-cache without the need to reimport your hands so that should solve your concerns