PDA

View Full Version : Help dying internal hard drive

geb
10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
I have HM on a windows 7 but the hard drive is dying and will not let me lunch the my current user. I can access data and program file from my other user but don't know were the database file for my HM is? I would like to save my database file to jump replace hard drive reinstall windows and program files. I have everything I need but my HM database. Please help.

Thank you

loustic
10-28-2010, 02:54 PM
1) check with your current user if the postgresql service is running (start menu, and type services.msc in the box, then look at the line "postgresql 8.xxx" and check if the status is started).
If it's not started, try to start it by right clicking.

2) if service is running, launch PgAdmin III (you'll find it in Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin\PgAdmin3.exe)
Put your password to access the server, and then right click each of your database and save them in a secure location)

3) Make a backup of your Holdem Manager\Config folder in a secure location

geb
10-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the quick reply ill give that a try tonight and post results. Also how can i locate the poker stars default hand history folder? Thanks

loustic
10-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Well, if you did a default install I guess it should be there:

C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory\

or there if you're in Win 7 64bits:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerStars\HandHistory\

(I don't have access anymore to the regular PokerStars as I'm french, so I hope this is the same in the international release)